The why of your username or pfp in the forums

Kapitalizing Every Word

The tilte says it all. Why did you choose your name and current pfp.
I chose my name based on a loading screen text homever since I speak spanish the tip was "Kapitalizando toda palabra" wich stands for Kapitalizing every word homever I then found out the loading screen text was putting K in every word.
I've been bamboozled
And my pfp comes from the "wanna be kerbalized?" thread

Spoiler

Maybe there is already a thread for this 
If so ban me for my laziness (or tell me)

Hehehe... OK, I chose mine because I was tired of trying to think up user names.  True story.  My name is Jim... just Jim, that's it. And much to my surprise, when I looked, "Just Jim" wasn't taken... lol
And some of us were lucky enough to be custom Kerbalized by a member of the team's significant other, who is an amazing artist.

I took a identity brand marketing class (or actually, classes) required and paid for by a former employer. They paid for all that training, some 60 hours of it, then a year later, went bankrupt. 

So, in 2013, when I had to recreate my forum account, I decided to put what I learned into practice. Since 2017, every forum I'm a member of I use the same member name. I even own a url with that same identifier. 

Now, the avatar I use here? Folks seem to identify my user name with Beaker. But everywhere else, I'm using "&"

magnemoe, well its my first and last name. Not sure if forum account is linked to my store profile but I probably thought so. 

My picture is way more interesting. 
I wanted something relevant and cool and I made an image series called first contact some years before. 
Its about an alien cat girl and a rover from earth. 
YHFRti6.png
Entire series here first contact - Imgur

Has used variations of here other places like this, about farming awesome and insightful on another forum.
m003F0sh.png

Edited by magnemoe

I wrote my story over in the endless warfare that's the Ban the User Above You. 

Regardless, I'll rewrite it!

My first username, in general, was 56CRAFTER over on Scratch. After a few years, I lost the password and wanted to restart so 56crafter2 was born, creative, I know. I had that username for a few years until I took a Video Game Design Class. I made a new account, for distinction, named Mr-Atomic based off of my time playing Fallout Shelter. I later, for some reason, made another profile named Atom-Crafter based off of these two account names. Soon after that I discovered a little game called Kerbal Space Program that my teacher had installed in his computers. It was version 0.24 in 2019, an island of history. I created a save file using my Mr-Atomic name and Technologies, and named it AtomicTech. 

My profile picture comes from @StarSlay3r's awesome, Wanna Get Kerbalized? thread!

I've slowly been editing it over time to match the current season that we're in!

For my other username, Atomikku, that I use on Discord, I got it from putting Atomic into Google Translate and converted it into Japanese. 

I mashed the "generate" button on a random word generator until I saw something I liked.  This was roughly 16 years ago.  Have used this name pretty much everywhere since.

The pfp is one of my cats, who looks like he just smelled something... unpleasant.

(ah, yes, the actual topic... I thinkI've posted this already in a similar topic some years ago and I thought this was that same topic?)

Well, like my friend @adsii1970 I've also used the same username (well, two variations of, actually, 'monstah' is the english spelling) and avatar everywhere since I can remember.

Name is a corruption of "monster", after the nickname "Little monster" I've had since 1999 (in portuguese, I spell it "Monstrim"). It was a fellow member of a forum I was in at the time that spelled it as "monstah" for the first time, my username on it was actually "Little monster". The original symbol was part of a pencil drawing on a notebook back in 2002, some random sort of monster (yes there's a pattern here) with a rune or whatever drawn on the forehead; for some reason, I really liked the rune. I was reading "King in Yellow" at the time, so I figured if I was gonna make a digital version, it'd have to be yellow. And so it has been to this day.

Now, this particular version of the yellow scribble, however, was drawn by @NSEP, and I'm very fond of it! He turned the curves into traight lines, but somehow managed to get my exact intention on nearly every stroke. And it reminds me of Bizarro :) 

On 11/11/2021 at 10:36 AM, Kapitalizing Every Word said:

Maybe there is already a thread for this 
If so ban me for my laziness (or tell me)

There was! Sadly, I dropped moderation, so I can't ban you anymore :D 

J/k, I don't even know if the old one is still around. I was just confused because I replied here thinking it was the old one :)

Back in the mid-2000s I made a fake Facebook account called Jimmy McGoochie (pronounced with the Scots “ch” as in “loch”) just to cheese the friends systems on a few online games I did back then. I started using it as a username for a game-related forum instead of my real name and just stuck with it after that.

My profile pic is a KSP version of the DAGGER Mk2 during a test launch from Darude, as seen in my KSP story Audacity: Memoirs of a Kerbonaut. Since then I’ve given up on the idea of reproducing events from the story in KSP as it gives me a lot more creative leeway instead of having to replicate stuff that’s in the game in some form or other, but I liked that picture and didn’t have a profile pic…

its a hold over from another game community which was in turn a hold over from earlier times. honestly ive long sense retired it. 

does make it convenient for a certain beneath the planet of the apes reference. 

Edited by Nuke

At the time I created this account, I was leaning on MechJeb a lot to teach me how to play. FleshJeb is the meatbag who tells MechJeb what to do. (Also, It's vaguely dirty and hopefully unsettling.)

I use a different username on every platform and try not to cross-identify myself. (Although a few people around here know my usernames  on YouTube and Discord.)

My PFP is a pixel-perfect copy of the default forum avatar, because I like being contrary.

Username: I tried to come up with a name for a space company, and voila! It is also my name on YouTube and my main save in ksp.

Picture: A while ago I tried to make a short book in word about crazy rocket concepts, never got far, I call it "L!FTOFF." For the cover I took a Saturn V launch and turned it upside down. It turns out this is also an accurate representation of my launches before discovering sas.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.