Why have they stopped posting show an tells

SSTO Crasher

That, I think, is a rather premature question.

Sure, the one you are expecting today isn't here yet, but that doesn't mean it's not coming.  And if it doesn't that's not in itself evidence that they have stopped altogether.

M5qxv0M.png

Not sure why there's no Show & Tell or Dev Diary today. The KSP 2 episodes didn't delay anything before, so what happened?

I'm not upset, just feeling a little sad that my fortnightly KSP 2 serotonin dose is absent. Curious as to whether anyone has any idea what happened?

Edited by intelliCom

We are still at least 1 - 1.5 years away from KSP2 launch. They can't keep showing new things every couple weeks cause by the time the game launches we will have seen it all.

And yeah, forget about KSP2 releasing either in the first half of 2022, or in 2022 at all.  They went radio  silent about release exactly one year ago after the last delay. If we do hear anything about it, it will be another delay.

Sigh. To think the cinematic trailer happened in Summer 2019. Who knows what plans they had early on to have the balls to "announce" the game for spring 2020 lol.

13 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Is there a consolidated place where all the show and tells and/or dev diaries are located?  I feel like I'm missing them.

The show and tells have a dedicated subforum here:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/113-show-and-tell/

and the dev diaries here:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/110-ksp-2-dev-diaries/.

14 hours ago, Lijazos said:

They went radio  silent about release exactly one year ago after the last delay. If we do hear anything about it, it will be another delay.

What? If there's nothing to say, what should they say? "Yes it's still 2022"?

14 hours ago, Lijazos said:

Who knows what plans they had early on to have the balls to "announce" the game for spring 2020 lol.

Probably a much, much smaller scope than what they had when they announced the first delay to 2021. Heck, you could even see a huge difference in the quality of the assets they've been showing at that time.

7 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Probably a much, much smaller scope than what they had when they announced the first delay to 2021. Heck, you could even see a huge difference in the quality of the assets they've been showing at that time.

But if you delay the game even more then it will become even better, perhaps even more beautiful than KSP 1 with mods!

People change jobs from time to time and right now we have 2 fewer community managers than we did for the last few months. Things may slow down as they shuffle responsibilities and stuff.  

Also, overlapping threads have been merged. 

I would like to gently remind all that we are not OWED a show and tell, nor a feature video, every other week.  The devs have been extremely open about showing us stuff.  I am glad for each peek behind the curtain.  And secondly, regarding the original 2020 release date and the current 2022 goal for same, this is not the same studio.  A lot of the same people are in place, but after the shakeup with Star Theory, scope increase with Intercept, and quite frankly much higher quality assets being shown, 2022 seems a much more reasonable target.  Judging by the quality and frequency of what we've been shown, and nevermind that there's almost certainly a lot more assets we aren't seeing yet or only get glimpses of in looks at other features (I'm thinking of the current state of the launch center seen in the 'tutorial shader' video), there's no reason yet to think that 2022 is not still a reasonable window.  If they need more time, I want them to take it.  I want a complete, chock full of features, fun game to stand alongside the beloved KSP1.  If it takes more time, it takes more time.  Delay if you must, release when it's ready.

14 hours ago, Alexoff said:

But if you delay the game even more then it will become even better, perhaps even more beautiful than KSP 1 with mods!

Not necessarily.  If the delays are to ensure they have time to do what they already planned then adding extra 'stuff' may well just add even more delays.

And... as we have seen, it will already be more beautiful than KSP1 with mods.

10 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Have you seen parallax, waterfall and scatterer?

Actually no, I haven't to be fair.  Only Scatterer, briefly .

But from what I've seen, stock KSP2 looks better to me so far 

Edited by pandaman