Why have they stopped posting show an tells

SSTO Crasher

On 11/14/2021 at 4:21 PM, Alexoff said:

But if you delay the game even more then it will become even better, perhaps even more beautiful than KSP 1 with mods!

Ok then, lets send it to 2023, 2024, 2025?

With that logic it will be out in a decade and we'll have all lost interest by then.

On 11/16/2021 at 11:45 AM, The Aziz said:

I have. But I also have seen this, this, and this.

I have seen this

Very impressive! And it's released and free, created by Linx. And I've seen GTA3 Remaster by Take2, not so impressive and with lags on 3080.

Edited by Alexoff

2 hours ago, Alexoff said:

I have seen this

Very impressive! And it's released and free, created by Linx. And I've seen GTA3 Remaster by Take2, not so impressive and with lags on 3080.

We really need this effect with KSP2. All the scatter and better terrain is great, but if it's flat as paper when we zoom in, it's no good.

9 hours ago, Alexoff said:

GTA3 Remaster by Take2

Yet again, not seeing a difference between pubisher and developer. Take2 hired an incompetent studio to work on the remaster, and results are there. Or maybe the budget was too low? We can only guess.

Now, parallax is still only a shader. Impressive, yes, but the shape of the planets ain't no different. It's not something you can solve with 8K res normal maps. You need variety and details on the ground itself. Please notice how there are so many bumps and ridges here and here. Want some nice reflections as in the video? Here. 

I hope they will show us something special. For example, a working planet base with explanations of what goes where. Or some interactive objects somewhere on distant planets. Or multiplayer. In general, something that would distinguish KSP 2 from the remake / remaster of KSP 1.

Edited by Alexoff

3 hours ago, WelshSteW said:

I guess we're not getting anything today then. Maybe they're saving up a big one, like Christmas special. Fingers crossed :D

29 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

I hope they will show us something special. For example, a working planet base with explanations of what goes where. Or some interactive objects somewhere on distant planets. Or multiplayer. In general, something that would distinguish KSP 2 from the remake / remaster of KSP 1.

Christmas special PLEASE!

7 minutes ago, Mr.Evil said:

Release Date reveal around Christmas would be great. (let me dream) :)

Late March 2022 looks like the earliest possible release date based on the info they've given so far... I'm hopeful still.

On 11/17/2021 at 10:18 PM, Alexoff said:

GTA3 Remaster by Take2

Last Take Two game was Green Berets: Powered by Myth 2, released July 30 2001. 

17 hours ago, Master39 said:

Last Take Two game was Green Berets: Powered by Myth 2, released July 30 2001. 

I suppose the publisher and studio owner should somehow check the marketed product. Or is the task of T2 only to collect profit?

3 hours ago, Alexoff said:

Or is the task of T2 only to collect profit?

Basically, the trilogy remaster isn't published by Take Two (Rockstar is the publisher) and not developed by a studio they own, "Grove Street Studio" is a mobile games studio so unimportant and irrelevant that they changed name when they started making mobile ports of old Rockstar games, and yes, the trilogy is a PC/Console port of that cut-down mobile port made by a studio that never worked on a PC/Console release before.

Even saying that a game is from Rockstar isn't enough information to know anything on said game, they range form this mess of a port made by a no-name third party all the way up to multiple-studio, half a billion dollars projects like RDR2, let alone using Rockstar games to predict what Private Division is doing, there's so many layers between the two that you may as well say that the only thing they have in common is that they both employ humans.

2 hours ago, Staticalliam7 said:

what if the game is actually finished and they are waiting until christmas to release it (allow me to imagine)

If Private Division's profits are not great for this financial year to March 2022 then it will be released between now and March... Christmas being an obvious time.  

If PD is doing okay then they'll release after so as to write off the development costs (tax reasons) and look maximise sales next year and someone will have alogarithmed the organic waste out of it to look at demographic and what they will be doing with summer holidays, vacations, long days vs cold winter conditions stuck inside etc.

My pick sep/oct release so that a 10% off after a couple months for Black Friday/thanksgiving/ Christmas sale.

But yes, Christmas 2021  would be great!

2 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

If Private Division's profits are not great for this financial year to March 2022 then it will be released between now and March... Christmas being an obvious time.  

If PD is doing okay then they'll release after so as to write off the development costs (tax reasons) and look maximise sales next year and someone will have alogarithmed the organic waste out of it to look at demographic and what they will be doing with summer holidays, vacations, long days vs cold winter conditions stuck inside etc.

My pick sep/oct release so that a 10% off after a couple months for Black Friday/thanksgiving/ Christmas sale.

But yes, Christmas 2021  would be great!

It ain't gonna happen... but a man can dream