Why have they stopped posting show an tells

SSTO Crasher

Guest The Doodling Astronaut
On 11/29/2021 at 4:54 PM, KSP Star said:

Hello all, just want to chime in here.

First, I took some time away from my position starting back in Oct to take care of some personal matters.  You'll see me on here more often again as I get re-settled into my previous role.

Second, as I've mentioned before, there was no set release cadence for KSP2 Show and Tells specifically. We've been able to regularly show some sort of new KSP2 content whether it was Show and Tell, a Dev Diary, a Feature Video, etc., but a lot of work goes into planning and creating the various KSP2 content that is shared with you all, and the process takes some time. (Sometimes weeks, sometimes months) We do plan to continue to share more KSP2 content with you, but the amount of content and the frequency in which it will be shared with you will continue to vary.

So no, nothing terrible has happened, and if there are a few Fridays where you don't see any Show and Tells, there's no reason to worry. Show and Tell isn't done with. There will be more! As for when, you'll have to stay tuned. As you know, we always share Show and Tell content here first, so you'll be the first to know when the next Show and Tell goes up. :) 

Thats great to hear!

Glad nothing bad is happening

Hi friends. And thanks to @KSP Star for dropping in to give you all an update. 

Things have been BUSY! This team has really hit a fever pitch and we on the creative/design end of the pipeline are having to really hustle to keep up with the high speed of production (not to mention, as more features come online, we also have an increasing number of review/polish tasks popping up as well). And you will not be surprised to hear that this is a very, very big game, so there's a lot to keep track of. I sometimes feel like Lucille Ball tending the conveyor belt.

Anyway, the game's going great. Our absence has been evidence of our cup running over, not evidence of something bad happening. We'll have something neat to show you very soon. Thanks as always for your patience. 

2 minutes ago, Nate Simpson said:

Things have been BUSY! This team has really hit a fever pitch and we on the creative/design end of the pipeline are having to really hustle to keep up with the high speed of production (not to mention, as more features come online, we also have an increasing number of review/polish tasks popping up as well). And you will not be surprised to hear that this is a very, very big game, so there's a lot to keep track of. I sometimes feel like Lucille Ball tending the conveyor belt.

Anyway, the game's going great. Our absence has been evidence of our cup running over, not evidence of something bad happening. We'll have something neat to show you very soon. Thanks as always for your patience. 

I love how the KSP2 devs tell us about so much!

Apparently the bosses from T2 said that they would not want KSP 2 to turn out like a remaster of GTA 3. Therefore, there will be fewer interviews with each other about which planet is better and more work on the game, which certainly makes me happy

3 hours ago, Alexoff said:

Apparently the bosses from T2 said that they would not want KSP 2 to turn out like a remaster of GTA 3. Therefore, there will be fewer interviews with each other about which planet is better and more work on the game, which certainly makes me happy

Source? That seems a bit far fetched.

6 minutes ago, coyotesfrontier said:

The gta remaster was supposed to be a major cash source for the company, and it was greeted as a flop by customers. The KSP2 team probably is aware that there is some pressure to help financially make up for the flop, and to at least not damage brand image further. Nobody is going to come out and say that corporate is breathing down their neck since they want to keep their job, thus no source. 

2 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

If there is a lot of work I would be glad to help pre alpha test the game

Spoiler

I’m joking. That was not ment to be a serious offer

1 hour ago, coyotesfrontier said:

Financial results of T2 for the first quarter of fiscal 2022 (from October) fell compared to the same period last year. By the way, in the financial statistics, KSP 2 is scheduled for the fiscal year 2023, that is, October 2022 - September 2023. NBA 2K22 turned out to be not as popular as it was expected, GTA 3 too. Is there any doubt that a large corporation has no idea that revenue can fall along with its reputation? GTA online cannot bring more and more money forever! And shareholders want profits to always increase. If I were Strauss Zelnick, I would send a letter to every studio that it's time to start crunching, especially in those games that have already been postponed. Indeed, in his place, I would not want another Chairman and Chief Executive Officer to be elected at the shareholders' meeting.

10 hours ago, gussi111 said:

What is the thing you guys would like to see the most in the next show and tell regardless of when it will be?

Some insight into adventure mode. That way it would be cool and settle fears of an incoming career mode

17 hours ago, SSTO Crasher said:

Some insight into adventure mode. That way it would be cool and settle fears of an incoming career mode

As a career mode player, this would be awesome. I am a bit concerned with the overhaul of the career mode as I actually don't find it too bad (at least, not with some extra contract packs).

On 12/3/2021 at 7:51 PM, Alexoff said:

By the way, in the financial statistics, KSP 2 is scheduled for the fiscal year 2023, that is, October 2022 - September 2023.

Source? Last I checked the window was between Apr 2022 and Mar 2023:

https://www.ign.com/articles/kerbal-space-program-2-delayed-again-to-at-least-2022

and Steam has the games release listed currently as 2022:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/954850/Kerbal_Space_Program_2/

This gives a window of Apr 2022 - Dec 2022.

On 12/4/2021 at 1:29 PM, WelshSteW said:

As a career mode player, this would be awesome. I am a bit concerned with the overhaul of the career mode as I actually don't find it too bad (at least, not with some extra contract packs).

Same, I think career mode gets a much worse rap than it deserves. Adding different tech trees, strategia, and better mission packs made career mode much more fun and coherent

Edited by mcwaffles2003

8 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Source? Last I checked it was fiscal year 2022 and I don't recall another delay since then.

His ass hat, T2 FY2022 ends in March, not September, so the rumors that the game is on FY 2023 just means not in before March*.

You can safely ignore anything he writes, it's just a troll account (watch the post history).

* That doesn't mean that the game can't be delayed nor that I expect it to release on April 1 2022, just that T2 FY doesn't end in September but in March.

** If I correct some misinformed or intentionally misleading assumption doesn't mean I'm defending the game, it can totally suck.

12 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Source? Last I checked the window was between Apr 2022 and Mar 2023:

https://www.ign.com/articles/kerbal-space-program-2-delayed-again-to-at-least-2022

and Steam has the games release listed currently as 2022:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/954850/Kerbal_Space_Program_2/

This gives a window of Apr 2022 - Dec 2022.

Source is here - https://ir.take2games.com/static-files/d3e6ee76-ffe2-4976-9b7f-6ffdc25870c1 , page 13

Kerbal Space Program 2 is planned for release in fiscal year 2023.

But looks like Apr 2022 and Mar 2023 is the right window, I somehow did not notice that T2 does not use the federal fiscal year from October to September, but such a strange New York fiscal year from March.

46 minutes ago, Thundy said:

The Game Awards are also this Friday, a very interesting coincidence, it'd be the perfect time to reveal something big 

I hope so! When they were shooting for a Spring 2020 release, they had the trailer in August at Gamescom, and then a pretty serious marketing campaign until like November (when it first got delayed), so it's not out of the question that the Game Awards could mark the beginning of Marketing Pt. IITM.