More interaction? Events? Life?

From what I've seen so far in KSP2 videos is stunning. I wonder though if there would be more interaction with the environment or dead planets as in KSP1.
Now wherever you go you can explore get some research points or mine for resources. What if there are events that do happen on those alien planets?
Things like:

weather that can affect your landing or your colony
life microbes or animals
deadly heat from lava or star
ice that can be melt into water so when you land ice melts partially 
dig a hole, flatten an area for a colony
all kind of events that can alter mission status rather a dead universe
and last free moving Kerbals that actually use all parts of a spaceship, station or colony.

Edited by alphaprior

Regarding life, I believe that it should be in the game. Here is my awesome example.

Ex. Your Kerbals create a settlement on Gurdamma. Suddenly, your Kerbals become SICK! You are informed that something on the planet is causing this. You experiment on the soil, air, radiation levels, and finally... WATER. You find life, the cause of the sickness. 

This can be used as a gameplay mechanic.

I'd hope weather is added at some level, possibly even just a visual level. If its too annoying, it would become too hit or miss RNG blockers. Wouldn't want the player to spend 3 hours designing the perfect mission Duna mission, then have the chutes rip off due to bad weather at the Duna landing site. 

On 11/13/2021 at 1:05 AM, alphaprior said:

life microbes or animals

My personal "head-cannon" for KSP 2 is the "endgame goal" is to actually find life out there on the furthest/hardest planet. I think it should be microbes or simple life-forms rather than animals, or "galactic civilizations" or really intelligent life. 

I always though KSP is at its best when it sneaks in legit hard science topics with a wacky Kerbal Green coat of paint. Throwing in legit space aliens that aren't dead krakens easter eggs might be too "sci-fi"/"fantasy" than legit goals of finding alien life out in the universe. If Kerbals are just fun stand-ins for future humanity, then future human's best bet would be to find some microbes somewhere, rather than full on aliens. There is also the real Fermi Paradox, so finding no real evidence, or maybe tongue and cheek evidence might be great too.

I'd LOL if the game has a Kerbal doing a science experiment, finds microbial alien life in a slide! Then things the slide is dirty and cleans it off or something X'D

I agree, I don't want  to see aliens or other civilizations, maybe in KSP3 or 4... but alien life in form of microbes or small animals fish, lizards or bugs...
would be hillarious to see Kerbals bitten from alien fish  or to be scared of a lizard.

Edited by alphaprior

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 2:27 AM, MKI said:

My personal "head-cannon" for KSP 2 is the "endgame goal" is to actually find life out there on the furthest/hardest planet. I think it should be microbes or simple life-forms rather than animals, or "galactic civilizations" or really intelligent life. 

Yeah at the end you find earth and human life and then IRL a harrier lands on your roof and you get kidnapped by elon musk get launched into space and sold to the kerbals as their new pet yo devs can you guys add this