Forums Dark Mode

Staticalliam7

for god's sake the brightness of forums is painful.

Note for mods: this seemed like the best place to suggest it, if there is a better place, by all means, move it

EDIT: I just realized that you guys don't control the forum software, so you can't do it. However, I have found a workaround. Simply go to chrome://flags and search for the "force dark mode" flag and enable it. Simple. Or just use dark reader.

Edited by Staticalliam7

11 hours ago, Staticalliam7 said:

Very pleasing to the eye, isn't it

To each their own.   I do not like it at all.    

There have been a few threads about this topic in the past, some of them using actual Invision template doohickies IIRC, so they are platform independent.    They shouldn’t be more than a couple pages back if you want to look.   

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/16/2022 at 9:55 AM, MechBFP said:

So is this a problem with Invision not supporting a dark mode toggle, or the forum admin's not implementing it within Invision?

Absolutely the second...
if you go to Invision's examples page... there are absolutley some *beautiful* forum themes done with the software...
and comparing *this* forum to the stock Invision theme.. you can see the devs here havent put much effort into customization :(

3 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Absolutely the second...
if you go to Invision's examples page... there are absolutley some *beautiful* forum themes done with the software...
and comparing *this* forum to the stock Invision theme.. you can see the devs here havent put much effort into customization :(

That means that it is possible to do it without waiting the next forum software update, right?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 9:19 AM, Nazalassa said:

That means that it is possible to do it without waiting the next forum software update, right?

next to privacy policy on the bottom of the page there is a "themes" button, dark red mode works but dark mode has not css for some reason or it is not linked properly but it look awesome!

6 hours ago, Ryaja said:

next to privacy policy on the bottom of the page there is a "themes" button, dark red mode works but dark mode has not css for some reason or it is not linked properly but it look awesome!

Doesn't appear for me, guess I'll have to wait a bit more!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, dark mode is working now! And the red version is sleek, love it. It's great for browsing on mobile

Oh, I noticed some of the emoticons don't have proper transparency in dark mode  :o :/:prograde::retrograde:

Edited by Stoup

1 hour ago, Dakota said:

A dark version of the blue theme has been added alongside a new red theme complete with it's own darkmode version too.

You can change your theme at the bottom of the forum:

image.png

Going to be tweaking these over the next few weeks until they're perfect. Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions.

I love the difference that the regular mode keeps the KSP logo while the red mode adds the KSP 2 logo in place of the KSP logo!

Please send my thanks to whoever's in charge of the technical side of the forums :)

Edited by AtomicTech

7 hours ago, Dakota said:

Good shout. Will look into next week.

There's also issues with at least Bold and Bold Italic text in signatures.  It stays as Black text instead of being flipped to White text.

The widgets in the message editor have problems too.  They appear as Grey text.  When they're selected, they're now slightly darker Grey Text in a slightly lighter Grey box, which makes them hard to see.  The Eye symbol for Spoiler is still Black in Dark mode too.

EDIT: I've got another post on the next page of this topic where I post more issues.

Edited by Jacke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.