Breaking ground (Control-Axis): How can you bind the KAL-1000-Controller to the SAS-Stabilization

Hey there,

Im trying to bind the engine-thrustlimit-slider to the SAS-Stabilization so that it will correct the thrust(aprox. range of 20-100%) according to the pitch of the SAS. But I dont know how I should do this or if its even possible at all.

It will only allow userinputs when I bind it to the Pitch-actiongroup. However, I want to use it with the SAS-Automatic-Stabilization and not by userinput.

regler.png

P.S. Can somebody tell me what these Custom-Controll-Axis 1-4 are for? I really dont have a clue.

axis.png

I guess you want something like what is reported in issue #22946 on the bug tracker: i.e. that the control actions from SAS (and the built-in trim)  can be used as inputs for e.g. a KAL.

As you can see, this feature request has been around for a while, but feel free to upvote it on the issue tracker.

1 hour ago, logicnr3 said:

P.S. Can somebody tell me what these Custom-Controll-Axis 1-4 are for? I really dont have a clue.

They are "analog" inputs for the robotics parts. E.g. when you want to move something that shouldn't also be mapped to one of the other axes.

And: Welcome to the Forums! ;)

Ah OK, thanks for that Input. I was trying and trying and couldn't figure out why this is not working.

16 hours ago, AHHans said:

I guess you want something like what is reported in issue #22946 on the bug tracker: i.e. that the control actions from SAS (and the built-in trim)  can be used as inputs for e.g. a KAL.

But I dont have a lot of hope that they will fix this in future updates. Seems that this Post is already deprecated and not a new issue to the squad. I hope they will fix this at least for KSP2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.