Space Battles! Non-scripted stock space battle videos.

Ultimate Steve

As the title says, Space Battles! Is a new series I'm doing, which is supposed to be a 90/10 split between action and story, with a bunch of cool space battles. The rules are a modification of the rules Macey Dean did his battles to way back in the day, although for coolness sake they are sometimes broken.

This is currently a singleplayer thing, although I have an agreement with a friend to do at least one battle as a multiplayer battle. I might open it up later, but for now, it is mostly a solo project.

Here is the first video:

• 1 month later...

This looks really cool! One question, though:

Have you considered firework-based weaponry? They're a good way to get a bunch of fast, accurate shots onto a small spacecraft like a defence fighter, though they won't do much damage to armoured targets.

I've seen inflatable heat shields be used as armour before, most notably by VAOS who has made a bunch of stock orbital combat ships. His channel is pretty cool, I'd recommend checking him out.

3 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

This looks really cool! One question, though:

Have you considered firework-based weaponry? They're a good way to get a bunch of fast, accurate shots onto a small spacecraft like a defence fighter, though they won't do much damage to armoured targets.

I've seen inflatable heat shields be used as armour before, most notably by VAOS who has made a bunch of stock orbital combat ships. His channel is pretty cool, I'd recommend checking him out.

Firework based weaponry has been considered, but for this whole thing is kind of a love letter to Macey Dean's old videos, I loved the style of his fights and I'm not currently using non standard weaponry or heavy armor to try to maintain that feel. However, I'll definitely check them out eventually.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.