Solar panel lock

Walldingo

Make a patch.

Spoiler
@PART[largeSolarPanel] // or whatever is the part's name in there instead (not the title) 
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]
	{
		%isTracking = false
	}
}

Save in /gamedata/personalpatches/ as whateveryouwanttocallititsnotimportant.cfg

Untested. Either make a different patch for each panels, or copypaste the patch a few times in the same file. In any case, the solution was found via google.

11 hours ago, Axelord FTW said:

Make a patch.

Reveal hidden contents
@PART[largeSolarPanel] // or whatever is the part's name in there instead (not the title) 
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]
	{
		%isTracking = false
	}
}

Save in /gamedata/personalpatches/ as whateveryouwanttocallititsnotimportant.cfg

Untested. Either make a different patch for each panels, or copypaste the patch a few times in the same file. In any case, the solution was found via google.

Enhanced edition?

17 hours ago, Walldingo said:

Hello i need to make all the solar panels to stop rotate in the sun how i make this

Why? Making them stop rotating makes them worse, sun-tracking improved power generation especially when you’re not facing directly towards the sun (which is most of the time).

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Why? Making them stop rotating makes them worse, sun-tracking improved power generation especially when you’re not facing directly towards the sun (which is most of the time).

KSP will quite happily rotate your solar panels into RCS thruster plumes or through solid parts of your vehicle if they're close enough, which looks kind of dumb imho.  It could also be useful if you want to keep them aligned a certain way, such as parallel to the ground (and airflow) on a Duna rover, or just straight out, untwisted if you're trying to land an end-of-life space probe on an asteroid Gilly with the solar panels as "landing gear" like NASA did that one time.

Honestly I've low key wanted this since solar panels became a thing, but never really bothered to dig in to figure out how to do it.  :P

Edit: Although now that I reread, I'm not sure why one would want to do this on *all* solar panels.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.