How do you use the mouse and keyboard support on console?

I bought KSP Enhanced Edition on Xbox One, and mouse and keyboard support was advertised. I load up game and it just says "press "A" to start." None of my keyboard inputs are recognized, and it seems that I have to use a controller. 

Note: my mouse and keyboard inputs aren't recognized in the main menu either.

I am completely new to this game, so I might be missing something. 

On 11/29/2021 at 7:59 PM, Steave118 said:

I bought KSP Enhanced Edition on Xbox One, and mouse and keyboard support was advertised. I load up game and it just says "press "A" to start." None of my keyboard inputs are recognized, and it seems that I have to use a controller. 

Note: my mouse and keyboard inputs aren't recognized in the main menu either.

I am completely new to this game, so I might be missing something. 

Hmm, perhaps taking a trip to the Microsoft support forums are in order?

• 1 month later...

I’ve spoken to support about this very issue, and it appears “full keyboard support” was never intended, despite using that exact phrasing on their release about the game. In short, they lied, and my understanding from their response was that there is no plan to incorporate actual functional K&M support.

This was blatantly deceptive marketing, and I’m surprised they got away with it.

While there is not currently full support for keyboard and mouse, keyboard and mouse are currently supported for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 versions of Kerbal Space Program - Enhanced Edition.

You will be able to utilize mouse and keyboard functionality as long as you plug in your mouse and keyboard prior to starting the title. If the mouse and keyboard are plugged in or unplugged while the title is running, they will not work again until the system is restarted. 

If the keyboard and mouse were plugged in prior to starting the title, but were still not functioning properly, please reach out to our support team at https://support.privatedivision.com/hc/en-us so they can investigate and troubleshoot the issue with you.  

On 1/11/2022 at 8:19 AM, KSPStar said:

While there is not currently full support for keyboard and mouse, keyboard and mouse are currently supported for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 versions of Kerbal Space Program - Enhanced Edition.

You will be able to utilize mouse and keyboard functionality as long as you plug in your mouse and keyboard prior to starting the title. If the mouse and keyboard are plugged in or unplugged while the title is running, they will not work again until the system is restarted. 

If the keyboard and mouse were plugged in prior to starting the title, but were still not functioning properly, please reach out to our support team at https://support.privatedivision.com/hc/en-us so they can investigate and troubleshoot the issue with you.  

I had this same problem with K&M on the PS5 edition. The Keyboard I have is bluetooth. I think the control pad was 'connected' at the same time. Is that where i screwed up? Does it have to be a USB Keyboard?

• 2 weeks later...

I sent in this problem to Private Division Tech Support, and I got this back:

Hello there,

Thank you for writing in!

Currently, KSP does not fully support the mouse & keyboard functionalities on consoles, you will only be able to play using your console's controller.  

"Full" keyboard and mouse support is incorrect. This feedback has been passed to the team already and should be updated.

The September 24th update stating that keyboard and mouse are supported for Kerbal Space Program - Enhanced Edition on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S consoles is correct.

9th gen platforms do support keyboard and mouse, just not "fully". If you plug in your mouse and keyboard and they are not working at all, you need to ensure the mouse and keyboard are plugged in prior to starting the title. If the mouse and keyboard are plugged in or unplugged while the title is running, they will not work again until the system is restarted.

Moving forward, If the default controller preset isn't quite comfortable for you, there are three different presets that players are able to switch between at any time during play: Simplified, Cursor, and Radial. You have the ability to choose the controller preset that fits your playstyle the most, and you can switch them at any time.

You can read the specifics about each preset here:
http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/168797684564/kerbal-space-program-enhanced-edition-new

However, I have already raised this to the team and hopefully, they would be able to fully implement the use of the keyboard and mouse.

Sadly, I have no ETA on this or have any visuals of the progress that the team has made on this feature. But rest assured that they are working on this matter already.

Apologies for the misunderstanding. If you have any other questions, please let me know! 

Best regards,

Aaron Paul
Private Division Support

Edited by stephensmat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.