Easter Eggs.

Zed

I like the idea of different abandoned ships/stations in space and on planets. Maby have 2-3 major wrecks in the solar system (like a space freighter crashed in the middle of an Evean ocean, or a massive abandoned arc-like ship in some large, eccentric orbit) and a dozen or so smaller abandoned/wrecked ships scattered around (or the TARDIS:D).

Every time I land on Duna I just think "Arrakis. Land of Sand."

There should be wind traps, fremen bases, crashed down carry-alls and abandoned harvesters. Pick one :)

YES!!! just! yes!

I wish there were more solar systems in KSP. :D

big thinking I know. ksp is still a relatively new game and is awesome, but I agree about Duna and Arakkis.

I HAZ NEW IDEA!

there could be a cliff on duna with skeletons of made-up fossils that supposedly lived on duna before it became so inhospitable

there could be really long tunnel under mun's surface somewhere and it leads to a tiny lake, and the wiki would only mention the tunnel, and it would still say there are no seas on mun. there could be a chest under the lake and if you somehow manage to get to it it gives you the ability to put more powerful liquid fueled jetpacks on any kerbals on that save that you wish to, at the cost of them running out of fuel quicker. also is anyone allowed to tell me what the coordinates of the dead kraken are?

• 1 month later...
I'll make a list of the things you mentioned that are already in the game:

General (Extrakerbal planets):

- Canyons

- Abandoned Rover

- Crashed probe

Mun:

- Munhenge (Lunar Stonehenge) - Somewhere else, but still there.

Duna:

- Face of Duna

- Pyramids

Edit: As for ideas, I'd like to see more evidence of extra-terrestrial life that requires some degree of thought, like the SSTV pyramid. I can't wait for the rest of the puzzle for that one.

Don't forgot the rover that's on Duna...

well this will teach little kids about space and rockets we don't want dead bodys or something creepy on planets freak the hell out of them.My son does it and I don't wanna scare him with a video game.

I dobut it would, I mean with the art style of Kerbals it would be cartoony and not really scary at all...

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea's around Lost/abandon ships. Remains of ruin cities. Perhaps abandon outposts. Caves. Old Power plants. Abandon research stations (Perhaps allowing for more useful/advance technology/parts to be used in the game). Mountain top cabins?

Having done some surveying (Civil Engineering) in the past perhaps some geographic markers on some of the planets/moons like the orgional four markers in the US of which the Willamette stone is one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willamette_Stone . The Willamette Stone is in the west hills of Portland Oregon. I have been there. It is kind of neat to know and visit the history of how things were and are done.

The start point for US maps etc : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beginning_Point_of_the_U.S._Public_Land_Survey .

A Kerbin Greenwich Observatory ?? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich

BJ Quest

Edited by BJ Quest

I would love to see some sort of a Flying Dutchman (ship on a massively eccentric orbit, probably WAAAY above the elliptical plane) - if you can catch it you might unlock some secret tech or some such neato prize

The near bodies have plenty of easter eggs. I'd prefer if Jool's moons got some love. Obviously, wreckage would be cool, but the best surprises are ambiguous 'natural' formations.

Some beach caves on Laythe

The Amigara Fault. (Horror manga story of exposed human shaped holes.) Or, eerily arranged big circular holes.

Some nod to the hollow earth 'theory.' Perhaps put a light at the bottom of moho's pits such that it looks like the interior sun.

Big ol' geoglyphs. The great serpent mound. Nazca lines. the Cerne Abbas Giant.

A hill or mesa made of (basalt) hexagonal rock columns.

Some big creature frozen in ice.

• 1 year later...

A morse code hidden on the surface of eve that leads you to the second KSC on kerbin. This could give that place a deeper story that they got found out by aliens/they went there first and put the message for a tall, hairy kerbal that controls kerbals.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.