JxFab Utility Systems (First Release) [Breaking Ground DLC Required]

JackATac

Hello,  this is my first part release so please bare with me. I dont know how to make a fancy page yet.

JxFab Utility Systems 

JxFab Utility Systems is the start of a parts pack that will add on to the robotics category of the Breaking Ground DLC. 
Currently there is one part type, the straight rail. There are four lengths of 5, 10, 15, and 30 meters, The straight rail comes in three variants.

I plan on adding additional robotics parts to this pack, such as curved rails and rotational station hubs.

header.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Current Download: https://github.com/JackATac98/JxFab_Utility_Systems/releases/tag/v0

Dependencies

This mod requires the Breaking Ground DLC to work! (I am working on a version that uses Infernal Robotics)

KSP version 1.12.2

License

This work is shared under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 license. 
Edited by JackATac

Any suggestions and feedback is greatly appreciated. This being my first time using blender and trying to 3D model anything has probably led to some inefficiencies. If you see anything I should change in the texturing and modeling please let me know! :)

I am also working on adding curved rails and rotational hubs for stations.

I may need feedback/suggestions on how to organize the curved rails as it is a bit more complex. Im trying to avoid any mod dependencies other than the DLC so i only have 1 set of variants to use to change things, and per code I can not change the functionality of the part with variants, only visual models/colliders.

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2021 at 7:13 PM, JackATac said:

I am also working on adding curved rails and rotational hubs for stations.

I may need feedback/suggestions on how to organize the curved rails as it is a bit more complex. Im trying to avoid any mod dependencies other than the DLC so i only have 1 set of variants to use to change things, and per code I can not change the functionality of the part with variants, only visual models/colliders.

Hey mate! How is the update going? Great mod by the way!

I have a suggestion or an idea for a curved rail. I tried to use your mod to make a working crane for Kaiospace Starship that can bring payloads down to the surface. 

https://imgur.com/a/tbmOPlG <-----

It takes 8 robotic parts to make this possible. That is a call to kraken, besides that I have to strut (with Quantum Struts mod) every robotic part each time I'm not using them to keep it stable.

Will it be possible for you to make a curved one that could fold in like in the video and stick out of the fairing?

Edited by adriangm44

On 1/22/2022 at 11:54 AM, adriangm44 said:

I have a suggestion or an idea for a curved rail. I tried to use your mod to make a working crane for Kaiospace Starship that can bring payloads down to the surface. 

It takes 8 robotic parts to make this possible. That is a call to kraken, besides that I have to strut (with Quantum Struts mod) every robotic part each time I'm not using them to keep it stable.

Will it be possible for you to make a curved one that could fold in like in the video and stick out of the fairing?

Hey thats pretty neat!

The curved rail can only work by rotating something from a fixed pivot point at a fixed radius so pretty limiting. Ive considered combining extension and rotation part functionality into one part but havent tried because i think it would bug out.  I might test it later this month.

• 7 months later...
On 1/22/2022 at 9:54 AM, adriangm44 said:

That is pretty amazing.  How'd you do it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.