[WIP][v0.9.3] Less Real Test Flight: TestFlight for stock and stockalike parts (KSP 1.12.x)

Pehvbot

v0.8.0 is available.  As suggested by @Strych74 this update adds preliminary support for either repairing or 'replacing' (see below) failed parts if the vessel is rolled back using something like KerbalConstructionTime.  It also includes the Solids fix above from @hermano for RealFuels SRBs (thanks!).

https://github.com/pehvbot/LRTF/releases/tag/v0.8.0 (link removed, wrong dll in zip file)

There's now a TestFlight button in the VAB/SPH.  Pressing it will bring up the PartActionWindows for every failed part.  You will have the option to either attempt to repair the part for free or replace the part at the cost of a new part. 

The repair chance will be based on the failure curve for the part and the number of du it has accrued and adjusted by best VAB/SPH level you have.  In general this will be significantly better than your in-flight repair chances.  If you fail, in theory you can only try again once you improve your repair chance.  However because KCT allows you to revert your game by canceling the edit, you can effectively cheat by reverting and trying again as much as you want.  I don't think I will fix this issue so no cheating!

Replacing a part costs the price of a new part.  Technically it doesn't actually replace the part, it simply clears out all TF/LRTF data.   There are a couple of reasons for this.  The first is it's easier and I'm lazy, the second is that replacing a part will clear any configurations for it, which can create its own problems.  

I haven't done a huge amount of testing for this so use with caution.

I still need to fix the NaN issues with the failure curve code and I would also like to add some hooks into the repair/replace functions so they add construction time but I'm not sure how to do this yet.

Edited by Pehvbot

4 hours ago, Pehvbot said:

v0.8.1 is available.  The v0.8.0 zip file had the wrong DLL.  Download this one instead.

I'm using the new version 0.8.1.  I've noticed that every time I go to the VAB the TF icon is being copied.  Doesn't matter if I'm editing an existing vehicle or going straight to the VAB, the icon generates.  I've also tried exiting the save and reloading from the main menu, however the buttons are persisted.

Jh9xDFP.jpg

I'm about to test what happens with the SPH and also with a restart, and update accordingly.

5 minutes ago, Strych74 said:

I'm using the new version 0.8.1.  I've noticed that every time I go to the VAB the TF icon is being copied.  Doesn't matter if I'm editing an existing vehicle or going straight to the VAB, the icon generates.  I've also tried exiting the save and reloading from the main menu, however the buttons are persisted.

Jh9xDFP.jpg

I'm about to test what happens with the SPH and also with a restart, and update accordingly.

Thanks for the heads up.  It's likely a bug in my code.  I won't have time to look at it until next week but I expect it's an easy fix.

38 minutes ago, Pehvbot said:

Thanks for the heads up.  It's likely a bug in my code.  I won't have time to look at it until next week but I expect it's an easy fix.

No probs.  Just in terms of additional data which might help, the cloned buttons also appear in the SPH, but all the clones are removed when restarting the game.  I also considered whether Janitor's Closet might somehow be involved, but I've removed JC and still getting the same behaviour :/

v0.8.2 is available.   This fixes the problem with replicating VAB/SPH buttons.  It also changes the way part replacement costs are handled and (properly!) adds the cost to the vessel itself which increases the build time.  Later versions should add refinements like adding a visual cue to the button if there are not failed parts and a mouseover message.

https://github.com/pehvbot/LRTF/releases/tag/v0.8.2 Dang it.  Replication problem not fixed yet!

Edited by Pehvbot

• 2 weeks later...

v0.9.0 is available.  This adds parachute support for both RealChute and RealChuteFAR.  It uses separate dlls that load if they can find their dependent dlls (AKA assemblies) from Ferram or RealChute.  It also renames the VAB/SPH 'replace' button to 'rebuild', to better reflect what it is doing.

https://github.com/pehvbot/LRTF/releases/tag/v0.9.0

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

The latest Github Release entry does not contain the release ZIP,  just the source code ZIP.

Edit:
Oh, I see, even that ZIP contains everything - and even the latest 0.9.1 repo contains everything :wub:

Yeah, somehow I forgot to upload the actual release :huh:, thanks for the heads up, I'll try and get it fixed today.  Honestly I haven't been giving this mod as much attention as it deserves but I've finally had time to playtest things a bit more and I'll be making a few adjustments in any case.

v0.9.3 is (finally!) available. 

https://github.com/pehvbot/LRTF/releases/tag/v0.9.3

This adds RealAntenna support, removes two non-working failures (LRTFFailure_EngineCoolant and LRTFFailure_CommDeploy), fixes a bug with ModuleB9PartSwitch solid rockets (thanks Gordon-Dry!) and adjusts some of the failure curves based on play testing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.