A question about an Eve ascent vehicle

To make a lightweight Eve ascent vehicle, if there is such a thing, I decided to use a propellor plane.

So, without sending a test to Eve, I want to know just how high a propellor can lift, because I need to know how big a second stage I need. That’ll change the carrier, so, no paper designs yet.

Edited by Wizard Kerbal
Spellyng

You will have to test on Eve, there is a lot of variation on propeller efficiency.

I've built vertical launch craft which were able to get me to 17 km on propeller power alone.  You might be able to get higher using wings.  But for any design you come up with, really the only way to know how high it will go is to actually test it on Eve.

Or, use somebody else's design which has already been tested.  

I found I could reliably get to 15 km with my propeller designs. Anything higher I considered a bonus. At 15km the atmosphere on Eve is the same density as sea level on Kerbin, so more engines become viable options. I made this design, and it worked pretty well. Probably should have put a couple parachutes higher up though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.