(1.8 - 1.12.x) Ordinary Konstruction Co. version 0.1.3a (20230625) (barely active)

OrdinaryKerman

MVzhmVe.png

A Kerbal Konstructs statics pack that really consists of whatever I want to put in it at the  moment.

While it doesn't add much, I hope this may be of some use to whoever.

Requirements

License

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Contents

• Small Hex

• Full
      • 2 rows of 7 houses each. Will probably be replaced with more kerbal-sized houses
      • Small launch control center, smaller than OSS's "mini" LCC. Not sure if it's smaller or bigger than stock Level 1 LCC.
    • Half
      • 4 storey office building with helipad (lights sold separately)
  • Miscellaneous

• Lighting
      • FSO-BKN1A 'Night Beacon' on a 32m pole (just a flare, doesn't actually cast light). Turns on at night. 3 color options (red, green, white).
    • Vegetation
      • 8m tall generic conifer tree with Khristmas Star variant. Presents not included, we don't have any.
  • Outposts

• Container buildings
      • 3.75m x 1.5m x 1.6m. With and without side door. 3 color options (red, blue, drab).
      • End platform, can also be used as a bridge between platforms. 2m length.
      • Ramp (included with containers, but also available standalone).
    • Prefab structures
      • Rectangular 8x8m concrete and steel, single storey. "New" and "Aged" variants. No "Ruins" variant planned.
      • 4x8m Nissen hut, blue-green and grey variants.
      • 11x20m "nissen" hut hangar to go with stock "nissen" hut building of about the same size.

*Not released yet

Download:

logo4.png

Planned

• A bit less redness in the first few miliseconds of light anim
  • XL container (8 x 4 x 4 m) outposts
  • concrete hangar about the size of KSR's small hangars, can also be entered, maybe a more complete interior on hold indefinitely
  • Antennas and dishes
  • Street lights
  • Tanks and pipes
  • Anything that doesn't involve a looping animation
Edited by OrdinaryKerman

The unfinished concrete hangar
p18k5fL.png
Yes, I am modeling all these statics in SketchUp. I just find it more convenient than Blender for 'architectural' design. Also Omega482 and bac9 made their buildings (in the latter's case, stock Level 3 buildings), so I don't see anything wrong with this.

The interior is quite bare at the moment, with only an empty deck and two electrical boxes (assumed to hold switches for the door motors and currently nonexistent lights)

• 2 weeks later...

Due to my very slow and intermittent work, the hangars aren't ready yet. But here's a small update:

OKC 0.1.1 "Late Festivities (is anyone here?)"

• Added 8x8m prefabricated building for Island Airfield and other remote or run-down sites. Two variants, New and "Aged".
  • Added generic conifer tree with Khristmas Star variant. 8m tall. Collideable trunk, but you should pass through the leaves just fine. (shortest time I spent on a thing so far, because of how simple the model is)
  • Added ExampleBases folder, placed some stuff around the Island Airfield. May need some future realignment.

xejW3sL.png

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
Location as a few hundred m off of Jeb's Junkyard in KSR. Khristmas tree set to 2x scale. To the left is the "aged" variant of the 8x8 prefab. Other trees aren't mine obviously.

On 12/17/2021 at 2:00 AM, OrdinaryKerman said:

The unfinished concrete hangar
p18k5fL.png
Yes, I am modeling all these statics in SketchUp. I just find it more convenient than Blender for 'architectural' design. Also Omega482 and bac9 made their buildings (in the latter's case, stock Level 3 buildings), so I don't see anything wrong with this.

The interior is quite bare at the moment, with only an empty deck and two electrical boxes (assumed to hold switches for the door motors and currently nonexistent lights)

OOH!!

20 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Will these be usable in KK? As in I can place these anywhere I want them besides the island airfield?

Of course, if I ever get around to finishing it.

Also a small question, should the lights inside be auto-on (at night for example) or manually activated?

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 9:52 PM, OrdinaryKerman said:

Also a small question, should the lights inside be auto-on (at night for example) or manually activated?

I would go with auto on.

Can you please tell me how you get the textures you have created to show up on the 3D model in Blender/BforArtists2?

My way involves, clicking texture project in the UV menu then the "project" sub option in that option and then undo because the sub makes it change the UV map to "what you see", then turn off the texture project and voila, the texture shows up when I go to texture view.

• 2 weeks later...

@OrdinaryKerman

I asked this over 2 weeks ago and got no reply. I don't see why it would be a secret, so I will assume you somehow missed the question. So again.

Can you please tell me how you get the textures you have created to show up on the 3D model in Blender/BforArtists2?

8 hours ago, ColdJ said:

@OrdinaryKerman

I asked this over 2 weeks ago and got no reply. I don't see why it would be a secret, so I will assume you somehow missed the question. So again.

I'm not sure. All screenshots are either from SketchUp or from before I've set up KSP materials

Sorry is this isn't a very useful response,  but I'm not sure if you're talking about before or after KSP shaders are applied

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
typo

13 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Sorry is this isn't a very useful response,  but I'm not sure if you're talking about before or after KSP shaders are applied

After the shaders are applied. But if you are working on a different 3D program then I guess you don't know. I thought that that black box you did for Caerfinon ages back was done in Blender.

13 hours ago, ColdJ said:

After the shaders are applied. But if you are working on a different 3D program then I guess you don't know. I thought that that black box you did for Caerfinon ages back was done in Blender.

I do use blender, but I’ve always done texturing before applying KSP shaders. I just set the material to a Diffuse BSDF while texturing (base color using the image texture) then set up KSP shaders afterward.

I use SketchUp to model and uv-map buildings (because A. SKP is good for modelling buildings, B. SKP is good for applying tiled textures, proper UV mapping not so much, and C. Stock Level 3 buildings were modelled in SketchUp). KSP material setup, decal meshes, and colliders are done in Blender. Khristmas tree and beacon light were done entirely in Blender.

• 2 months later...

After losing interest in this project a few months ago, I've been working on this thing
8dDNxqb.png
LMCC-S, a small LCC for smaller spaceports.

Somewhat related: Where is kerbal MCC anyway? Do they put it in the basement of the Launch Control building? Is that why the Mission Control menu is accessed from the LCC building?

The openable hangar is now postponed indefinitely, sorry for that.

Edited by OrdinaryKerman
just realized I took the screenshot when I had the building floating about 4m above ground. Those branching footpaths are supposed to connect to the yellow doors

• 2 weeks later...

Another small update, image pending:

OKC 0.1.2 "I'm Not Dead"

• Added small Launch Control Center, when OSS's 'mini' LCC is still too big
  • Added "nissen" hut hangars to fit with stock "nissen" hut labs, max allowable wingspan is 8 m due to me modelling the thing a bit too narrow and long. Comes in green and gray.
  • Added 4x8m nissen hut, comes in green and gray.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/15/2022 at 5:01 AM, Astra Infinitum said:

@OrdinaryKerman Made any new statics lately?

None when you made the comment, but after over half a year of absolutely nothing I have made a thing:

FJT1AxT.png
to the right is Squad's 'austere' ATC tower as found at the Dessert Airfield and lower-tier Spaceplane Hangars. On the left is <a thing that can be used as a tower>, now that I look at it it's got some severe blind spots on the corners but eh, you can always get outside and look from the walkway. Umm... I'll be back in a bit.

EDIT: fixed
LyO52hE.png

Edited by OrdinaryKerman

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2022 at 11:23 AM, OrdinaryKerman said:

None when you made the comment, but after over half a year of absolutely nothing I have made a thing:

FJT1AxT.png
to the right is Squad's 'austere' ATC tower as found at the Dessert Airfield and lower-tier Spaceplane Hangars. On the left is <a thing that can be used as a tower>, now that I look at it it's got some severe blind spots on the corners but eh, you can always get outside and look from the walkway. Umm... I'll be back in a bit.

EDIT: fixed
LyO52hE.png

Are these included in the current SpaceDock download?

And also, Any resources you can point me to on going from sketchup to getting the buildings to KSP to use in KK? I've been working on a small set this past year after seeing yours and a few youtube videos of someone making the same for KSP. I think i can figure out the statics/part config files and everything from KK from the Wiki docu. i just have no clue how to get from point A to point B

• 1 month later...