I just landed on unintended vacation due being suspected of COVID-19

Pawelk198604

Given you are some fraction of my age, enjoy the holiday! (I had it, it was a cold—the loss of smell/taste was by far the worst part, and persisted a while at some level)

A buddy of mine counsels young people testing positive (he's a psychiatrist running testing for the film industry here since last year) and in spite of daily testing, masking, eating outside, standing 2m apart, yada, yada, yada—they all catch COVID (as almost every single other human will). All are surprised—he says they all say something like, "But I did everything right!"—and he tells them to enjoy their hotel stay, enjoy free movies in the room, etc (studios put them up and pay for everything, a good deal).

Note that this was his advice even a year ago to them, when none were vaccinated. Now they all have 2-3 shots, and they still get COVID, and are still surprised every time.

Your film festival looks like it's off to a good start!

Edited by tater

51 minutes ago, tater said:

Now they all have 2-3 shots, and they still get COVID

51 minutes ago, tater said:

he tells them to enjoy their hotel stay, enjoy free movies in the room, etc (studios put them up and pay for everything, a good deal

They got the idea...

10 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

They got the idea...

Yeah, except it really screws up filming, because I think they take some contacts off the sets as well, and someone tests + all the time. Here in NM, ~80% of the population has already had COVID (according to the schlubs at Yale/Harvard/Stanford med school analysis ;) ). Friend says that the film crews mirror the pop at large (and it has been crazy lately as everyone's spring shots went into possibly negative efficacy (per Swedish whole pop study)). Everyone gets to catch this cold.

I had a sore throat one day. That's all it was but my job wouldn't let me come back until I got tested. Test was negative, but it took a couple of days so I ended up getting a week off, with pay, after only being sick for a few hours. 

It turned i  was SARS-CoV-19 negative house quarantine lift the worst part i got night shift from 23-24 December 07:00 PM to 07:00 AM and 24-25 December 07:00 PM to 07:00 whole Christmas loveed (i hope i not ban for it) 

But it's how i feel i want change my job i'm security guard now train at  codecademy at computer science career path :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.