Is the ground going to be completely static and solid when Kerbals or parts are on it?

With the terrain looking so gorgeous (like we saw in the terrain progress video) I can't imagine rover wheels, landing legs and other parts not making slight depressions / marks in the ground when moving around or when Kerbals are standing on the ground, I hope the it won't be completely static and solid, I really wish to actually see my first footprints on the Mun or rover tracks in Duna's soil, 

Something like we saw in the trailer when the rocket touches down on the Mun, that would look very good! I don't know how hard or taxing it would be to actually implement this?

This is entirely possible and not very resource heavy, even something as detailed as here:

the trick is, it disappears after a while or when you're far away from it (in this case, if lower LOD loads in). Depending on the implementation. So if it's there, it's not like you could follow the tracks of your rover you used a day earlier.

Edited by The Aziz

2 hours ago, The Aziz said:

This is entirely possible and not very resource heavy, even something as detailed as here:

the trick is, it disappears after a while or when you're far away from it (in this case, if lower LOD loads in). Depending on the implementation. So if it's there, it's not like you could follow the tracks of your rover you used a day earlier.

It could disappear on plants like Duna (I’m pretty sure Duna has winds) but not on the Mun and other non-atmospheric  bodys. 

On non-atmospheric bodys they’ll render if you looking at them or if you very far away and render back in when you close and looking at them.

The same for atmospheric body’s but they’ll disappear over time. Possibly fade slowly?

4 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Yeah just make them disappear after going a certain distance.