The Skyhawk Science System - a new, realistic tech tree for KSP, now including Kerbalism support - [v1.1.1 - "For Science!" 8/11/22)]

CessnaSkyhawk

Good think this was thread of the month because I actually was looking for a mod like this and couldn't find anything. Now I just need to figure out how to get it working with an existing savegame with 150 craft flying around. I need to get it working somehow. 

Made a pull request on the repo (https://github.com/CessnaSkyhawk/SkyhawkScienceSystem/pull/37) for Ae50/NTO tanks for Procedural Parts.

Here's the patch:

@PART[procedural*Liquid]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[TankContentSwitcher]
	{
		%TANK_TYPE_OPTION[Hypergolic]
		{
			%dryDensity = 0.1089
			%RESOURCE[Aerozine50]
			{
				%unitsPerKL = 391.139189
			}
			%RESOURCE[NitrogenTetroxide]
			{
				%unitsPerKL = 478.059
			}
		}
	}
}

In my (admittedly small) knowledge of MM patching, and based on how the Procedural Parts defines tank configs, there's both "unitsPerKL" and "unitsPerT" for defining tank configs. It seems all the configs I've seen that add unitsPerKL calculate out their amounts as about 173.xxx * amount. I based the config off of Kerolox since the hypergolics patches use the same dryDensity as kerolox.

Been testing out the tree in a career save with 2.5x-scaled Galileo's Planet Pack, with Kerbal Construction Time and a whole slew of other mods. I'm currently about 100-ish days in and having great fun. However, the fact that many of the parts for rocket families, such as the parts for the Agena GATV, are spread across many nodes on the same level makes it a little more tedious to do stuff with. Thankfully, Kerbal Construction Time has a semi-passive way of generating science, as well as Kerbal Environmental Institute for grabbing the KSC science, but it is interesting when I need to kitbash a bunch of part families together to get a rocket up.

17 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

Where are the Mechjeb upgrades on the tree?

There’s some issues with them currently - I believe someone has opened an issue up on GitHub with the fix. I don’t have access to my modding pc rn but am hoping to put out a release with the fix, among others, later this weekend or early next week

3 hours ago, CAPFlyer said:

Yes, because Hydrogen isn't very dense.  I needs a lot of volume to produce sufficient energy.

I get that. The problem is that when this mod is installed bluedogs LH2 stages have about 25% more fuel. Delta-IV does not even have enough trust to take off. Its around 1.1. 

Bluedogs Delta IV tank has 75k LH2. With this mod its 100k

Same goes for the DCSS and centaur. 
All LH2 stages are totally op and I play on 3.5 rescale. BDB is balanced around 2.5   

Its actually more than 25% its almost 40% i believe. 

Edited by dave1904

8 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

I tried using this, it still isn't working.

You'll still need to unlock the MechJeb part itself (which I have), or use a patch that gives MechJeb to all pods/probes (which I'm using). Once you unlock the MechJeb part itself you should have the features.

8 hours ago, Galileo chiu said:

will it conflict with Cyrotanks's stock/restock patches?

cryotanks and restock are both on the supported mods list, so i would assume they have been checked out.  

I do get these caused by the hypergolics patch.  

[ERR 18:46:04.515] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key lfo_volume = #$RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$
[ERR 18:46:04.516] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key ox_volume = #$RESOURCE[Oxidizer]/maxAmount$
[WRN 18:46:04.516] Cannot find key lfo_volume in PART
[ERR 18:46:04.516] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key amount = #$/lfo_volume$
[WRN 18:46:04.516] Cannot find key lfo_volume in PART
[ERR 18:46:04.516] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key maxAmount = #$/lfo_volume$
[WRN 18:46:04.516] Cannot find key ox_volume in PART
[ERR 18:46:04.516] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key amount = #$/ox_volume$
[WRN 18:46:04.516] Cannot find key ox_volume in PART
[ERR 18:46:04.516] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key maxAmount = #$/ox_volume$

not sure if anyone else is seeing the same, may be one of the part mods I'm using causing the issue. . 

EDIT: This is caused by something in Rational Resources Squad option on CKAN

Edited by eberkain