Why is everything sliding in my game

Nuggzy

I am having a major problem with EVERYTHING sliding in my game. I am trying to play around with the ground anchors, I can't get them stable long enough to anchor down. I am trying right outside the KSC on and off the runway. I even placed one down and stood on top of it. The anchor slid out from under me. I stood in front of it, it set there bouncing in place. I am trying this with a fresh install of KSP, no mods added, and it's still sliding.  I placed a flag in front of it like seeing on a video, it just pushes the flag.  I launch a plane and put the brakes on, the plane eventually slides off the runway.  I know there is a problem on planets, but on the KSC runway??? Why is that not perfectly level??? Things should not slide sitting there on the runway....

Edited by Nuggzy

Ouch!  That sounds like the problems I had in 1.11.  This latest version is better, but I replaced the motherboard, ram, cpu, OS, and chipset drivers before reinstalling KSP.  There is a theory that older versions of win10 can cause this. 

2 minutes ago, miklkit said:

Ouch!  That sounds like the problems I had in 1.11.  This latest version is better, but I replaced the motherboard, ram, cpu, OS, and chipset drivers before reinstalling KSP.  There is a theory that older versions of win10 can cause this. 

I am using a fresh install, the latest version...

I have updated everything on my system, windows and video drivers. I am running an MSI creator motherboard with a 24 core thread ripper cpu and 64 gigs of ram, the only thing that is old is the video card but it's a GTX 1080 with 8 gig of ram so it's plenty for KSP. I am using a stock rover that I removed the wheels from so it will just sit on the runway, surprisingly, it doesn't slide. I get Bill out and drop an anchor on the runway and it immediately starts sliding off.

Hopefully someone with more experience will wander by.  I'm running an MSI mb, 3800X 8 core CPU, 32g ram, and a Vega 64 with 8gb of HBCC vram, so it is safe to say it is not a hardware problem. 

When I decided to try the stamp o tron I did like you and tried it out on the runway, and it worked as advertised.  Then I used them on Minmus to anchor some things down so they don't fly around there.  I know from experience that KSP is unplayable when everything is always sliding around. 

8QJgh4Q.jpg

Ok, I just did a test.  Took out a rover, a pilot, and an engineer.  After pressing "I" the engineer set one stamp o tron down but it did not anchor itself because it was "not attached to the planet" or something like that. 

Then removed his gear and then he could lift out and place the stamp o tron, and it set itself as shown.  An oddity is that although the rover's brake was set to keep it from rolling, the brake light is not on.  I could not do this in 1.11 as everything would slide around too much. 

My guess is that you still have a software conflict somewhere.

On 12/30/2021 at 3:52 PM, Nuggzy said:

I am having a major problem with EVERYTHING sliding in my game. I am trying to play around with the ground anchors, I can't get them stable long enough to anchor down. I am trying right outside the KSC on and off the runway. I even placed one down and stood on top of it. The anchor slid out from under me. I stood in front of it, it set there bouncing in place. I am trying this with a fresh install of KSP, no mods added, and it's still sliding.  I placed a flag in front of it like seeing on a video, it just pushes the flag.  I launch a plane and put the brakes on, the plane eventually slides off the runway.  I know there is a problem on planets, but on the KSC runway??? Why is that not perfectly level??? Things should not slide sitting there on the runway....

Make sure you have 1.12.3

• 3 months later...
On 12/31/2021 at 10:06 PM, miklkit said:

Ok, I just did a test.  Took out a rover, a pilot, and an engineer.  After pressing "I" the engineer set one stamp o tron down but it did not anchor itself because it was "not attached to the planet" or something like that. 

You need to deploy it from EVA. Put the stomp-o-tron in your engineer's inventory and the right-click on it, click the little arrow next to the anchor.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.