[1.12.0, 1.12.1, 1.12.2, 1.12.3] Tutorial Fixes

linuxgurugamer

• 5 weeks later...

New release, 0.0.3

• Added missing crew to the Docking Tutorial
  • Fixed engine part in the DockingTutorial (was using the old ModuleEngines)
  • Fixed engine not being enabled in the Docking Tutorial
  • Removed ModulePartInfo from sfs files (not a stock module)
  • Changed pilot from Jebediah to Valentia in the Go for Orbit tutorial

Note:  Spacedock is having a problem, so for now, get it from github:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/TutorialFixes/releases/tag/0.0.3

Here's something I noticed when trying the tutorials. In the Go For Orbit tutorial, you're told you can use Target mode:

5Dy5tF7.png

But in actuality, it's disabled in flight:

Spoiler

NRNZVOv.png

Edit:

In From the Mun, Gene says it's Val in the craft, but it's Jeb.

Edited by OrbitalManeuvers
added From the Mun error

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 4:34 PM, flawedperspective said:

Sadly, the TutorialFixes.dll got quarantined and deleted by Norton as an Insight Network Threat. Might want to check into that. I've had this from Unity files before.

Nothing I can do about that, You need to contact Norton about it

• 2 months later...

My issue is also with "Go for Orbit" Tutorial, as soon as it says to start the turn, the pink target marker jumps down to where im supposed to pitch, and then jumps back straight up into the middle of the NavBall like i should be pointing straight up, i can keep a somewhat 30 percent-ish angle for like 3-5 seconds and then it tells me that i messed up. Sadly the mod didn't fix this although someone said that it helped. It did this same behavior before the mod as well (installed it over CKAN). Oh yeah, and due to this, SAS mode with the target so that Valentina flies is also unusable. It basically follows the target, which of course jumps back, and Valentina and SAS corrects too, and its already wobbling to and fro :( 

Edit: version 1.12.3

Edited by chubwheel

33 minutes ago, chubwheel said:

My issue is also with "Go for Orbit" Tutorial

Welcome to the forums. I hadn't played the tutorials for years, and when this mod came out I went back to see just how broken they really are. I experienced the same thing you're describing on that chapter. My only thought was "I'm glad I didn't try to learn KSP with these tutorials." 

Personally, I recommend the first 15 minutes of this video for learning orbit: 

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, chubwheel said:

My issue is also with "Go for Orbit" Tutorial, as soon as it says to start the turn, the pink target marker jumps down to where im supposed to pitch, and then jumps back straight up into the middle of the NavBall like i should be pointing straight up, i can keep a somewhat 30 percent-ish angle for like 3-5 seconds and then it tells me that i messed up. Sadly the mod didn't fix this although someone said that it helped. It did this same behavior before the mod as well (installed it over CKAN). Oh yeah, and due to this, SAS mode with the target so that Valentina flies is also unusable. It basically follows the target, which of course jumps back, and Valentina and SAS corrects too, and its already wobbling to and fro :( 

Edit: version 1.12.3

I am aware of that.  Unfortunately, that's deep in the code, all I worked on was the issues with the vessels and the renamed parts, bad stock scenario files.  To fix the target marker would require access to the source code.  Maybe @Gotmachine can take a look at that?

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Welcome to the forums. I hadn't played the tutorials for years, and when this mod came out I went back to see just how broken they really are. I experienced the same thing you're describing on that chapter. My only thought was "I'm glad I didn't try to learn KSP with these tutorials." 

Personally, I recommend the first 15 minutes of this video for learning orbit: 

Hide contents

Yeah i found this one as well:) and a couple of others. Im just a really hands on guy, doing in one go would help and that is what the tutorial would be for:) At the end i skipped that tutorial and continued but the Kerbstructor kept on going on some parts in the later tutorials like "...you know, the way i showed you in Go to Orbit training...." : D due to this statement i guess those were some important in flight/orbiting/space maneuver lessons i should've gotten from the Go to Orbit tutorial:D I guess its trial by fire from here on if i start a career. Of course i know i can still keep practicing in sandbox mode, it just would've been nice if i see and learn a standard method which shows an "optimal" and fuel conserving method for putting my junk into space:) Thank you tho for the recommendation!:)

Edited by chubwheel

• 2 months later...

I love that this mod has been put together, but it is a shame to see what i remember being invaluable training missions now broken and needing something like this for newbies and returners like myself to be able to complete. Many thanks o out for the creation of this mod :)  happy flying and happy crashing guys! :D 

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.