Whats your favorite game EXCEPT Kerbal Space Program?

KSPBaron145

On 1/2/2022 at 9:15 PM, Vanamonde said:

As in, ever? I probably have more hours in Morrowind than any other game. 

Did you starting pick up the mushrooms for the Khajiit lady in the mage guild starting quest around Seyda Neen by reflex? 
The only game I have played long term the last years outside of KSP it Elder scroll online. 
700 years before Morrowind, Vivec city is under construction who was an nice touch. 

On 1/3/2022 at 8:24 PM, Superfluous J said:

Going further back in time, Stars! (exclamation mark necessary) ate about 2 years of my gaming life and I loved the whole time.

Ah yes  Stars!   Loved the game, still,pull it out every now and then.   Absolutely great game, in a tiny codebase.  Used to love running multiplayer games with it.

more recently for me, Horizon Zero Dawn on the PC.  My only issue with game like it are that once you play through, you know the story line and it isn’t as much fun.  That being said, can’t wait until Forbidden West is released on pc.

Totally, 100% ETS2 (Euro Truck Simulator 2). ETS2 is the reason I haven't really been active on this forum recently. I still love and play KSP, but not as much since I got ETS2. The only problem is that ETS2 is on a different computer than I have KSP on, and can get unbearably slow at times, especially in the Iberian Peninsula (It's an older laptop, while KSP is on a newer laptop.)

I also like to play FSX and sometimes Construction Simulator 3 (ConSim 3). It's a mobile game, but still really good. However, Construction Simulator 2015, which is pretty similar, is available on Steam for PC. 

I just noticed all my favorite games have names which are commonly abbreviated or shortened. KSP, ETS2, FSX, ConSim 3. Weird.

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

Okay, here's what I play when I am not playing any version of Kerbal Space Program:

• Satisfactory
  • Civilization IV or Civilization V (Civilization VI blows chunks :huh:)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Parkitect
  • Mashinky
  • Dawn of Man

Yeah, if I had to say which ones of those were my very favorite except for KSP, it would be any of them on the list. It all really depends on the mood I'm in.

• 3 months later...

Hehe boi, I just revived a thread that was docile for 3 months!

I got addicted to War Thunder, now I've stopped playing because the learning curve from 3.7-4.7 BR arcade ground destroyed any element of fun the game ever had for me. Tried to get myself re-addicted via the British air tech tree but got bored with just groundpounding in a Swordfish.

2 hours ago, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

I got addicted to War Thunder, now I've stopped playing because the learning curve from 3.7-4.7 BR arcade ground destroyed any element of fun the game ever had for me. Tried to get myself re-addicted via the British air tech tree but got bored with just groundpounding in a Swordfish.

I've never managed to stick with War Thunder, even though I think it's a good game (though not without its flaws).

I think the key with War Thunder is not to play above a BR that you find fun.  Because the game gets harder at higher BR and that can often be frustrating.

And do play both aircraft and tanks.

6 hours ago, Jacke said:

I've never managed to stick with War Thunder

I disliked it from the get-go.  The economy is parasitic.  My son 'plays for free' (because I won't let him spend anything on it) and enjoys the game... but it never took for me.

That said: I've spent waaay more time in WOT than is healthy.

(*I would not, however, call it my 'favorite' game)

12 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

That said: I've spent waaay more time in WOT than is healthy.

(*I would not, however, call it my 'favorite' game)

I gave up on WoT a few years ago after years of play.  WG has made the game so bad it's no longer standable.  When they had the classic version on for a few weeks several years ago, even with all the limitations of early WoT, it was just so fun.  Of course, it was taken away.  And now WG fiddles stuff behind the scenes, perhaps even per game, and it's apparent, even if only as a feeling, and WoT is just not fun or bearable anymore.

The best tank game I ever had was in War Thunder, in a Tier 1 British tank.  I still think it's the better and more enjoyable game, despite its own issues.

• 4 weeks later...

i just picked up stray today, an early birthday present. its as fun as i thought it would be, and a little creepy, but in a good way. its amazing the kind of crap a cat can get away with. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2022 at 1:28 AM, Abel Military Services said:

Team Fortress 2. I'm a noob. 

Pyro is just awesome. 

TF2 is awesome, as is Pyro. He’s my go-to along with Sniper and Engineer.

Not my absolute favorite, but definitely a game worth more attention is Aliens Fireteam Elite. It’s a fun game that lacks certain modern “features” like loot boxes and microtransactions. Also being able to run around with the iconic pulse rifle and smart gun from the Aliens franchise is satisfying to say the least. It’s too bad not enough people talk about it, and I can’t help if it’s because some people want to compare it to Colonial Marines, evne though they have almost nothing in common other than the setting.

I also enjoy Battlefield 2042 because I’m a cheap date.

Edited by Blufor878

• 1 month later...

First Strike and KSP 1. 12. 3 with BDA(Sometimes Minecraft and Fortnite)

You can try First Strike and it is very hard. VERY hard. 

Just unlocked Israel. Had to win the game for 2 times as the hardest country South Korea. 

Edited by Abel Military Services

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.