The Doodling Astronaut's Farewell...

Guest The Doodling Astronaut

Guest The Doodling Astronaut

To the KSP forum,

I joined the KSP forums on March 27th, 2019, I got thru the KSP filter of getting kerbals passed the mun via the help on the forums. I reached every planet and moon in game with crew, and that includes Eve. I started a youtube series called "The Doodling Adventures" that started back in 2019, I soon after made other KSP videos, and the biggest of them all being the Galileo's Planet Pack Series, the first completed youtube series, to my knowledge, of Galileo's Planet Pack.

On my KSP youtube channel I gained 429 subscribers from the original 6 before I started making KSP content. To each subscriber, thank you for your subscription. To the forumers who followed me, thank you. To the forumers who helped me with questions or other game help, thank you. To the KSP staff and moderators, thank you. And finally, thank you, reader, for reading this post.

Now to get to the sad stuff, I will be leaving the KSP youtube, discord and forum communities at the start of this year. I started leaving reddit and twitter last year, and while I still have accounts to both, I don't really use them. I decided that after the great finish of Upsilon KSP Ortus City thanks to the leadership of @Stratzenblitz75 and @Knight of St John, the last thing I wanted to get done before my departure is finished.

In light of recent events, for personal and private reasons, I will cease the online identity of The Doodling Astronaut for good. I have privated all my videos both on personal and kerbal,  and I am currently not planning on making any public except the Ortus video. I ask that no one looks for more details on why.

I wanted to thank @Matt Lowne for inspiring me to get the game, and thank you Matt for the shoutout in the Sea Dragon video, I will never forget that. A thank you to @Stratzenblitz75, Scott Manley (I know he has a forum account,) and other KSP youtubers who inspired me to make content. If you made a youtube video over the years, I probably noticed your channel at one point. 

A final thank you to everyone who I have encountered over the years, a special final thank you again to the moderators and staff that keep this wonderful place running. I wish the best for all of the forumers and may you guys stay safe.

Ok,

One last time,

May your rockets fly high and may the kraken be at bay,

-Doodles

Thank you for your service, we’ll all dearly miss you!

Hopefully you’ll come back to visit one of these days, but until then, it’s been a pleasure to know you!

If you’d like to talk (through text), here’s my number [EDIT: DM me for this Number]!

Edited by AtomicTech

• 1 year later...
On 1/2/2022 at 11:57 PM, Guest The Doodling Astronaut said:

To the KSP forum,

I joined the KSP forums on March 27th, 2019, I got thru the KSP filter of getting kerbals passed the mun via the help on the forums. I reached every planet and moon in game with crew, and that includes Eve. I started a youtube series called "The Doodling Adventures" that started back in 2019, I soon after made other KSP videos, and the biggest of them all being the Galileo's Planet Pack Series, the first completed youtube series, to my knowledge, of Galileo's Planet Pack.

On my KSP youtube channel I gained 429 subscribers from the original 6 before I started making KSP content. To each subscriber, thank you for your subscription. To the forumers who followed me, thank you. To the forumers who helped me with questions or other game help, thank you. To the KSP staff and moderators, thank you. And finally, thank you, reader, for reading this post.

Now to get to the sad stuff, I will be leaving the KSP youtube, discord and forum communities at the start of this year. I started leaving reddit and twitter last year, and while I still have accounts to both, I don't really use them. I decided that after the great finish of Upsilon KSP Ortus City thanks to the leadership of @Stratzenblitz75 and @Knight of St John, the last thing I wanted to get done before my departure is finished.

In light of recent events, for personal and private reasons, I will cease the online identity of The Doodling Astronaut for good. I have privated all my videos both on personal and kerbal,  and I am currently not planning on making any public except the Ortus video. I ask that no one looks for more details on why.

I wanted to thank @Matt Lowne for inspiring me to get the game, and thank you Matt for the shoutout in the Sea Dragon video, I will never forget that. A thank you to @Stratzenblitz75, Scott Manley (I know he has a forum account,) and other KSP youtubers who inspired me to make content. If you made a youtube video over the years, I probably noticed your channel at one point. 

A final thank you to everyone who I have encountered over the years, a special final thank you again to the moderators and staff that keep this wonderful place running. I wish the best for all of the forumers and may you guys stay safe.

Ok,

One last time,

-Doodles

KSP2’s horrible launch is having some serious collateral damage.  Happy trails bud! 

• 1 year later...
On 1/2/2022 at 10:57 PM, Guest The Doodling Astronaut said:

To the KSP forum,

Ok,

One last time,

-Doodles

Two years out from his departure...