How to recover a vehicle file

I loaded a vehicle into the SPH that I'd built earlier, and was messing around with the configuration when I accidently  hit 'Save' instead of 'Launch'. Fortunately I have a version of it landed on the Mun. Is there some way for me to extract that vehicle data and restore it to the SPH/VAB folders?   

13 hours ago, Geonovast said:

You can try the link mentioned in this thread.... but last time I tried it, it did not work for me.

Thanks ... you're talking about the Extractor in 'craftkitchen'? I'll give it a try and post back whether or not it was successful. It looks like it was updated last July, so hopefully it does the trick.

So I gave the Extractor a try, and although it appeared to work correctly and gave me a Zip archive with .craft files for all of the vehicles in the persistent.sfs game, when I tried to load the one of interest I got the 'invalid or locked parts' warning in the menu, and the Confirmation window that was supposed to describe the problems with it, but there were no problems listed, and hitting "OK" shifted the screen as though a vehicle had been loaded. Nothing was in the SPH and the 'Confirmation' window wouldn't go away. I've sent a message to the thru the 'contact' section of the Kerbaltek page, and hopefully they'll be able to alleviate my pain. :)

Further bulletins as events warrant!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.