Please make older versions of the game, and the demo version, available to purchasers

The alpha and beta versions of KSP, and the demo, currently can't be legitimately obtained anywhere.  To prevent them from becoming lost media, people who bought KSP should be able to download them, just as they can download newer older versions from the website.  

Edited by DAL59

49 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

That takes care of everything up to 0.13, but every version from 0.14 to 0.90 still can't be obtained anywhere.

Pretty sure somewhere in that thread is info on how to legally obtain beta versions through Steam if you have purchased the game.

Just now, Ultimate Steve said:

Ah, okay, I was unaware.

Double check if you're interested, the timeline of that thread is pretty convoluted, with multiple merges and redirects.   There exists, somewhere, at least one method of using the Steam console to obtain access to earlier versions.  It's not complicated, but it's more than a few button clicks. 

2 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Double check if you're interested, the timeline of that thread is pretty convoluted, with multiple merges and redirects.   There exists, somewhere, at least one method of using the Steam console to obtain access to earlier versions.  It's not complicated, but it's more than a few button clicks. 

Unfortunately I don't have the game through Steam, otherwise I would. I've been interested in those versions for a while, though... Is there still a way to migrate my account to steam?

17 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Is there still a way to migrate my account to steam?

I believe that was an option only for those who purchased the game prior to it being available on Steam.   Check your KSP store account, there will be some indicator to this. 

7 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

They don't say how to get older versions on Steam.

Thought it was in one of those threads.   You'll have to search around a bit, there's a few of these threads around, there are 2 methods that I know of to get old versions through steam.  I don't know them and they're somewhat complicated, but the info has been posted here before.  

In fact, I searched a lot some time ago, and I found that I just need a "Steam Key", that the one I need is probably a "version" key, and that there's only a thousand or something existing. I fact, I think that it's just a lie from Steam because they don't want users to get older versions of the game. I might be wrong, and Squad please excuse me. Also, I need to request the key from a moderator, ore something like that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.