[v0.1]Space Shuttle Vanguard

NovaSilisko

Guest ThatCrazyPilot

First post updated, 0.1 released!

Wait, where is the landing gear?! I can\'t land without my nosecone getting blown-up...

Hit a mountain, blew up all but the body and wings of the shuttle, continued going for a little bit in a different direction and ended up landing on another part of the mountain range.

This thing scared the heck out of Jebediah. I approve. Shame it didn\'t scare him for longer, though...

I strapped it to a 5 segment srb, sent it to 300km and then tried to land in the ocean. Very impressed how it recovered from a nose dive at a couple thousand meters. No RCS required. I gently bled speed and altitude and landed in the ocean losing only the engine block and nosecone. very successful!

I strapped it to a 5 segment srb, sent it to 300km and then tried to land in the ocean. Very impressed how it recovered from a nose dive at a couple thousand meters. No RCS required. I gently bled speed and altitude and landed in the ocean losing only the engine block and nosecone. very successful!

It\'s nigh-indestructible if you fire it into the water straight down. I hit the seafloor, once.

Right..where to start. Nova...personally i think the way in which this craft handles should be the basis of every shuttle/glide entry type craft for when horizontal VAB is released as its perfect! Maybe it could do with a little more mass all over but other than that it handles brill. So far i\'ve managed to get into orbit and adjust orbit hights, detatch and 'dock' with my jetesoned stage (which without RCS i think is an achevement) I\'ve managed to land perfectly just by pulling up in the last 1000mtr to drop the velocity below 50mps and verticle hight to about 5mps. I\'ll admit i overshot the runway first time round but on only my second go i was way off to the right but managed to glide round 90degree\'s and land across the space center, even though i was a really far distance away. Honestly i hated the 'plane' mods on here and tried C7 once then deleted it, but this mod has changed my mind and will be giving C7 another go once i\'ve put this down. Only problem i have with it is the fragile nose cone, but i can live with that.

screenshot1.png

Guest ThatCrazyPilot

I\'m almost afraid to try making it heavier, so I don\'t break the flight mechanics.

Why not to make a backup file???