Post your KSP load times!

sunnypunny

• 4 weeks later...

It really depends on how many mods I have. W/o mods, about 1 min. With no part mods, about 3 mins. With part mods, it really depends on how much mods. Currenty-i'd say about 7 mins, but I had times when it'd be 15 minutes (Timed on a stopwach)

btw im on a 4th gen i5 and SSD is Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

edit: and currently I have 105 mods

edit once more: yup, 7 minutes, but that's with BDB, which I've deleted now

Edited by Thundrevv
new info

~15 minutes, depending on what I have open in the background. When NetBeans, Microsoft Word, and File Explorer are all running, and I have 22 tabs in my browser, it increases big-time.

I run both expansions, ReStock, BDA for Runway Project, Kerbalside Remastered, and a bunch of others besides.

Windows 10, Dell Precision PC from ~2017. Pretty beefy for a PC.

Got a bit curious and took at peek at resource utilization while starting  KSP, loading a save and hopping to a station around Kerbin.

Note that this is on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS using System Monitor and a lightly modded install (KSP, KER and some small parts)

The key data, I think, is that it's ends up with a memory footprint of 7.8GB and it has read 4.5GB from disk.

It's worth to notice that much of that data read from disk is partly packed in large-ish resource files and in many cases spread in a lots

of small files.

Which explains why both disk performance and (single thread?) cpu performace matters.

Edited by Curveball Anders
Forgot to end the last sentence ...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.