Aiming For Stars In Real-time LY Away

Spacescifi

13 minutes ago, KSK said:

Yep - the teleportals could function as an ansible.

If reject the Copenhagen Heresy and follow the true way of the Many-worlds Interpretation.

Then the portals, the ansible (ihn idea what's that), the other stuff become just reflections in the endless labyrinth of mirrors of the Ultimate Ensemble, and come to the only real reality, the mathematical reality of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_universe_hypothesis

As a side effect, this would support the multiple history theory, making every moment of the existing universe appear by all possible ways (as their intersection).

15 hours ago, Spacescifi said:

UV Teleportals: Ultra-violet rays (short wave invisible rays) can be shot between teleportals aboard ships in real-time no matter the distance.

The effect is that now ships have a kind of real-time instant messaging via UV rays.

Such tech has not made the swarm telescopes obsolete, but it does make going boldly where no man has gone before with less infrastructure a bit more viable.

I'm vaguely reminded of EE Smith's shenanigans with spy rays, ultrawave stuff, etc.

That his stories were in settings that mostly rejected GR (and sometimes SR) are probably also relevant to the FTL stuff.

Edited by UmbralRaptor

1 hour ago, UmbralRaptor said:

I'm vaguely reminded of EE Smith's shenanigans with spy rays, ultrawave stuff, etc.

That his stories were in settings that mostly rejected GR (and sometimes SR) are probably also relevant to the FTL stuff.

I picked UV rays since we know how to reflect them right now, and they are not as hazardous nor as dangerous to work with as X-ray and gamma rays.

UV rays have more energy than visible light so that is why I picked them.

IRL I am not sure how one would go about sending messages, internet and video through UV instead of radio waves, but I reckon it is only an engineering challenge and far from impossible.

EDIT: Looks like people working on this. Awesome!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/phys.org/news/2017-12-high-speed-based-ultraviolet.amp

Unlike the instant FTL teleportal UV ansible.

Do also note that only UV rays transmit through the teleportal to another one LY away. Nothing else transmits across.

Edited by Spacescifi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.