Moving on to new and better things… (but not far)

Just Jim

I suppose I should say something. Today I’m moving on from Squad QA and assuming the position of KSP2 associate writer. This is a huge honor for me, and I’m thrilled at the challenge.

I first became involved with KSP because I wrote a fan-fiction story here on the forum. Then I was asked to join a very elite group of KSP beta testers, and a few months later, I had the amazing privilege of joining Squad’s QA team.

And here it is, now over three years later, and I’m moving back to a full time writing position for KSP2. Things really have come full circle, and I have all of you to thank! If it wasn’t for the forum, I may have never had an opportunity to show what I can do, and I am just about as thankful as a person could be for all of you.

Edited by Just Jim

6 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I suppose I should say something. Today I’m moving on from Squad QA and assuming the position of KSP2 associate writer. This is a huge honor for me, and I’m thrilled at the challenge.

I first became involved with KSP because I wrote a fan-fiction story here on the forum. Then I was asked to join a very elite group of KSP beta testers, and a few months later, I had the amazing privilege of joining Squad’s QA team.

And here it is, now over three years later, and I’m moving back to a full time writing position for KSP2. Things really have come full circle, and I have all of you to thank! If it wasn’t for the forum, I may have never had an opportunity to show what I can do, and I am just about as thankful as a person could be for all of you.

OH MY GOD!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thank you everybody!    

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

Can you say what the 'writer' job is? Is it things like part descriptions et al, or storyline?

1 hour ago, Minmus Taster said:

Wait a minute...writer? KSP 2 has writers?

Things like part descriptions and such.  The actual text that needs to be included in the game.  There is quite a bit.

1 hour ago, AtomicTech said:

Maybe throw in a forums joke or two for us!

I'll see what I can do

55 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

OK, everyone, get ready to play "Spot the Emiko Station references in KSP2"- in fact, forget the colonies and the torchships and all that nonsense, that's the only thing I'll be doing!

No... well, maybe 1 or 2, but they'll be tiny.  
I mean, if you look really really hard, she's already in KSP1... sort of... in a round about kind of way

Seriously, it's not my intention to turn this into Emiko, the game... not at all. 
What I am trying to do, along with another really talented writer on the team, is to maintain the spirit of the original game, and especially our little green friends, the Kerbals.  :happy:  :valhappy:

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

What I am trying to do, along with another really talented writer on the team, is to maintain the spirit of the original game, and especially our little green friends, the Kerbals.

Perfect. Good to know you are now on the KSP2 team.

I agree that keeping the spirit of the original game is so important

The first thing I really laughed at was the remark of the Barometer experiment in space:

"The instrument reads zero. It's as if it were in a vacuum!"

OF COURSE ITS IN A VACUUM! hahahahaha

Please keep these dumbass comments in KSP2 if you can ;)