Moving on to new and better things… (but not far)

Just Jim

This is amazing news! I am now relived to hear this as some old kerbal in new kerbal would be a good reference. And what do you know, you are the most qualified person for the position.  Glad you got the job. 

Edited by Dr. Kerbal

On 1/10/2022 at 3:36 PM, Just Jim said:

I suppose I should say something. Today I’m moving on from Squad QA and assuming the position of KSP2 associate writer. This is a huge honor for me, and I’m thrilled at the challenge.

I first became involved with KSP because I wrote a fan-fiction story here on the forum. Then I was asked to join a very elite group of KSP beta testers, and a few months later, I had the amazing privilege of joining Squad’s QA team.

And here it is, now over three years later, and I’m moving back to a full time writing position for KSP2. Things really have come full circle, and I have all of you to thank! If it wasn’t for the forum, I may have never had an opportunity to show what I can do, and I am just about as thankful as a person could be for all of you.

Wow Congrats! i can't wait to see all the amazing things you'll bring in for KSP2! Nice Job!

On 1/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, Frank_G said:

All the best to you on your new orbit. Always aim for the stars :)

aim near* the stars (dont burn up in them)

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2022 at 2:36 PM, Just Jim said:

I suppose I should say something. Today I’m moving on from Squad QA and assuming the position of KSP2 associate writer. This is a huge honor for me, and I’m thrilled at the challenge.

I first became involved with KSP because I wrote a fan-fiction story here on the forum. Then I was asked to join a very elite group of KSP beta testers, and a few months later, I had the amazing privilege of joining Squad’s QA team.

And here it is, now over three years later, and I’m moving back to a full time writing position for KSP2. Things really have come full circle, and I have all of you to thank! If it wasn’t for the forum, I may have never had an opportunity to show what I can do, and I am just about as thankful as a person could be for all of you.

I got afraid that you would leave for a second. Congratulations!

Today I’m moving on from Squad QA and assuming the position of KSP2 associate writer

[snip] yeah! Congratulations Jim!

Edited by Gargamel
Portions Redacted by Moderator

On 4/3/2022 at 5:37 PM, Singhnaut said:

I got afraid that you would leave for a second. Congratulations!

On 4/3/2022 at 6:14 PM, GDJ said:

[snip] yeah! Congratulations Jim!

No, I'll never leave!  hehehe
Thank you!  :happy: :valhappy:

Woo hoo!  I just saw this!  Congrats

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, KerballingSmasher said:

So... given that they've hired Jim... does this mean that we're getting a story mode in KSP 2 at some point? :P:D

No. I can't deny that would be really fun, but there are no plans for a story mode in KSP2 at this point.

As @The Aziz pointed out, what I do is write things like the descriptions for several hundred parts and other fun stuff like that. There is actually a remarkable amount of writing involved in the game when you think about it.  

11 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Out of curiosity, did you also write the lines for the tutorials? There's some controversies regarding these, so I just wanted to know who's to blame no, no.. who's fault is this nah; if you were responsible :wink:

Are you echoing other people's scorn or your own?