Stellar Evolution in KSP 2?

What do you guys think of seeing different stages of stellar evolution in KSP 2? I think it would provide a nice variety of visual sights and also some challenges, due to the varying nature of the different types of stars and the effects they would have on spacecraft. 

For instance, perhaps we could encounter some younger stars/proto-stars that are in the process of clearing out systems of solar debris, with young planetoids to land on and observe, or witness stars in the process of undergoing supernova. The possibilities are endless! Not to be rude. 

Agreed on young star but I would get the heck out of there if I knew a star was about to go boom literally any time and cook the whole solar system in the process. Fine for sending a probe, not a crewed spaceship.

However, a stellar remnants in the form of black hole/white dwarf etc would be fine, though I'm not sure what would remain of the planets there.

Edited by The Aziz

We don't know yet but I have this secret hope that Ovin is actually a gas giant core stripped of (most of) its atmosphere as its parent star evolved from red giant to white dwarf.  I imagine as hard as ascents and descents are its soil is baked in He3. 

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Agreed on young star but I would get the heck out of there if I knew a star was about to go boom literally any time and cook the whole solar system in the process. Fine for sending a probe, not a crewed spaceship.

However, a stellar remnants in the form of black hole/white dwarf etc would be fine, though I'm not sure what would remain of the planets there.

Agreed, any star close to going supernova, could generate a lot of science, but would just cause chaos to any craft in the system, so a probe would be best! Not to be rude.

2 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

We don't know yet but I have this secret hope that Ovin is actually a gas giant core stripped of (most of) its atmosphere as its parent star evolved from red giant to white dwarf.  I imagine as hard as ascents and descents are its soil is baked in He3. 

That's a cool idea! Ovin will be a challenge regardless due to it's gravity, so it will be interesting trying to launch craft off it! Not to be rude. 

2 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

this secret hope that Ovin is actually a gas giant core stripped of (most of) its atmosphere as its parent star evolved from red giant to white dwarf

In the Developer story video, the subject matter expert mentioned that Nate Simpson had asked him about gas giants being stripped to their cores, and I think that was in reference to Ovin. As for stellar evolution, I’d love it, but it can’t be something that changes drastically over time because we don’t know how long players will play in one save file. 

8 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Is this a meme?

Ah, yes, my apologies, friend. It's something I say to ensure, due to the vagueness that sometimes can occur through text chat when it comes to tone and inflection, that my responses and what I am saying are not taken in the wrong inflection/tone or come off as rude, as I do not wish to be rude to anyone. It's something I say just to be safe. Of course, if it is a bother, please let me know. Not to be rude. 

8 minutes ago, t_v said:

In the Developer story video, the subject matter expert mentioned that Nate Simpson had asked him about gas giants being stripped to their cores, and I think that was in reference to Ovin. As for stellar evolution, I’d love it, but it can’t be something that changes drastically over time because we don’t know how long players will play in one save file. 

Ah, really? I'll have to re-watch that video, then. I also do agree, Stellar Evolution would have to be something we see right off from the start. Perhaps for career mode, you start without knowing the state of nearby stars, but as you expand, you gain a more concrete understanding of what stage of stellar evolution they are in. The further you expand, the more you see, etc. Not to be rude. 

Edited by Brandon10044
Spelling

3 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Love this theory. Im hoping that Ovin will have a moon. It is such a cool object. I like the first images we got of it when it looked more purple, either way it's awesome.

7 hours ago, The Aziz said:

On 1/13/2022 at 12:23 PM, Brandon10044 said:

It's something I say just to be safe.

Ah, yes. Pascal's Wager.

Always do it so being misinterpreted as rude never happens, compared to not doing it and suffering for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 6:35 PM, The Aziz said:

A supernova would slag most of the planet, and rip the atmosphere off, but not obliterate it, white dwarfs are in the same boat, earth, even if engulfed, will still continue to orbit within the expanded sun, if it dissapates fast enough, it will have simply lost a lot of energy, and be a lot closer, but it won't be instantaneously destroyed, unlike what some think, also, mars and further would survive, so maybe a star which is going red giant, where an ice moon has melted far away, giving it oceans, and the once habitable inner planets are melting and infernal