When you're feeling like the product is at the stage it needs to be in, will you be looking for closed alpha/pre-bata testers?

CzarOfRome

I know pre-alphas are often NDA-bound and raffle-drawn, while Betas tend to have more open playerbases. Just got deep back into KSP 1 and would love the opportunity to explore the early state of the game and give whatever feedback. What's the chance we get either of those, and how will you select entrances?

Betas appear more frequently for games focused on multiplayer. And I don't mean like local servers, (which is the kind we're most likely going to get in ksp2 despite having no info on that so far), I'm talking about big servers with dozens of players, Battlefield kind of thing. You know, to test interactions between many players, server capabilities and so on. That you can't test in a studio.

I highly doubt there will be a beta available, we're getting a full game with one point oh mark on it on release day and that's it. And let's face it, most people say they want to be beta testers but they don't say that they actually just want to play the game before others.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

nd let's face it, most people say they want to be beta testers but they don't say that they actually just want to play the game before others.

I was in the closed alpha  for AoE4 and oh boy do I have to tell you that the feedback forums were **packed**, people put in hours and hours of honest work to make reports, reproduce issues, evaluate balance and theorize about impact to the playerbase upon release. I don't have any numbers of course, but yeah, beta testers often feel a deep responsibility and act accordingly 

This is a very frequently asked question. Here are some of the discussions that browsing the old posts could have found, if you're interested in how they went:

So far, none of these posts has elicited any response from the developers. Good luck being the first!

Edited by HebaruSan