Space Telescopes?

Deadmeat24

I was thinking. What if an early way to study star systems we can reach would be some sort of space telescope? There is a lot of data real world space telescopes can gather about stars and exoplanets such as  approximate mass, orbit distance, potential composition, etc. So why not have something like this in ksp2?

I really wanted something like this in KSP. I would imagine it could work as a passive science generator, where the longer it was deployed the more science it would produce, but it would have diminishing returns, meaning you would eventually have to launch a new space telescope to replace the old one, or perhaps send a crew up for maintenance to increase it's lifespan. That's at least how I would implement a telescope into the game.

1 minute ago, Yellowburn10 said:

I really wanted something like this in KSP. I would imagine it could work as a passive science generator, where the longer it was deployed the more science it would produce, but it would have diminishing returns, meaning you would eventually have to launch a new space telescope to replace the old one, or perhaps send a crew up for maintenance to increase it's lifespan. That's at least how I would implement a telescope into the game.

Tarsier Space Technology was one of my favorite mods for ksp 1. It essentially did just that, except I don't think the diminishing returns thing was in there. It diminished based on how many times an object was studied and that was it.

Space telescopes would be really cool! They could be used to help gather science points, but also information about the different star systems we can travel, such as the type of star, how many planets, etc! Not to be rude.

15 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

How else are you going to find the neighboring star systems? 

It's not really known if everything will just be on the map or if it is something you gotta unlock somehow. I think space telescopes would be a cool way to do it.

2 minutes ago, Deadmeat24 said:

It's not really known if everything will just be on the map or if it is something you gotta unlock somehow. I think space telescopes would be a cool way to do it.

It was said that the new solar systems would be hidden and you will have to discover them.