What planets would you like to see?

yoyo478

What planets would you like to see in future updates?

My personal one that I'd like is a Pluto analogue that is EXTREMELY far out that would require the best kerbal scientists to get out there.

And maybe a Saturn one, cause it would look pwetty.

I want one with an opaque atmosphere, like Venus and Titan. Also, moons that resemble Enceladus (Saturn), Miranda (Uranus), and Triton (Neptune) would be nice. Perhaps throw Mimas (That's not space station!) in there as well.

I want one with an opaque atmosphere, like Venus and Titan. Also, moons that resemble Enceladus (Saturn), Miranda (Uranus), and Triton (Neptune) would be nice. Perhaps throw Mimas (That's not space station!) in there as well.

Eve sorta reaches Venus, but it was a bit jarring to have the most deadly planet save the gas giants be purple.

And Triton is similar to Pluto, but Miranda would be hilarious.

(Astronomy Fun Fact: For those who don't know, Miranda is a moon that has been repeatedly destroyed and pulled back together. Because of this, it has several distinct and unique features. Mimas appears to have almost been destroyed in this way due to a gigantic crater on it's surface.)

Triton is believed to be similar to Pluto, but we won't know how similar until 2015, and I do like me some cantaloupe terrain. I mean, seriously, what could be more awesome than a planet that looks like a moldy cantaloupe?

If I remember correctly, Squad said they wanted analogs of the planets in our Solar System, then create modding tools to let others make their own planets.

How they will do this is up for grabs, but it seems they are following a definite pattern.

I want to see the two asteroid belts and upgrades to the planets we have (lava on Moho, flying dust animations on Duna (not weather, but a random timed animation), and possibly gas effects on Jool). But a Pluto analog would be AWESOME.

A planet similar to the distance to Pluto, but even farther. It would be about 300KM in diameter, very large in size for the distance. The planet would be rocky with a thin atmosphere like Laythe. It would be orange-ish brown and have a high Kethane content. Rings would be another factor, very, very, very, thick rings. They would be orange-ish brown also put less orange. It's not very realistic, but look at the game we are all playing :P

You don't know that. what if Kerbol is really Gliese 581? Kerbol is, afterall, a red dwarf. Then one of the planets we've "discovered" wouldn't really exist...

It's not named Kerbol, it's not a red dwarf, and it's not in our universe :sticktongue:

honestly, what I REALLY want is randomly generated planets. OR, maybe when you create a save file, there would be multiple solar systems to choose from (And each one would have kerbin to start from, a reasonable distance from its parent star). That would be AWESOME! :D

I think my favourite additions would probably be a saturn-like planet that would mean the possibility of your ship exploding if your orbit was on a direct path into the belt, and a magma-like planet where it would require your to pick your landing spots with care. Imagine, instead of being able to just parachute/slow down enough to touch down in water, you were instead forced to keep our landing on ground, else your ship would be turned to goo.

It's not named Kerbol, it's not a red dwarf, and it's not in our universe :sticktongue:

http://184.154.141.114/~kerbalsp/wiki/index.php?title=Kerbol explain? :blush:

also, the definition of universe is: "All existing matter and space considered as a whole". therefore, if the kerbal "universe" is different from our "universe", it would, by definition, not be a "universe", and we would have to come up with a whole new word to describe the "bigger 'universe' " that all these "smaller 'universi' " exist in.

Edited by spikeyhat09

Now we have to name the Solar System we are in...Hulog? No, I'm just guessing...Also it's a Yulonic-Giant and in our 5th universe (assuming there is more than 1 universe, wouldn't matter anyway).

EDIT: Norton blocks that website :D

I would think it was amazing to have a planet with a moon that has an orbit very small around it, and if you are in the middle of the two when you land on it, your ship will get transferred to the other after hovering between the two for about a minute