Using various FTL mods together

myste_rae

Hi guys, I'm just getting into modding KSP and have made a list of mods I'm interested in. I won't bore you with the details or ask for feedback or suggestions about it, but there is one thing I'm curious about

I know Blueshift and KSPIE kind of do the same thing - offering a way to get FTL. I also have all of Nertea's mods on my list, and then I realised that Far Future likely has some FTL as well?

Basically, I'm wondering about how those 3 mods would interplay. I think I'm most excited about Blueshift, then Far Future, then KSPIE, but from what I've seen from Scott Manley's Interstellar Quest, and read about Blueshift, they use very different systems to do it, different fuels, and I think Far Future uses a different thermal system altogether... My initial plan was to have all 3, but it's seeming like I should only get one of them? Maybe two? Anyone have any experience with this?

Hello @myste_rae, I tend to play with KSPIE, But I don't use faster than light, FTL is fine, but try getting as far as ya can without it, you will be surprised

FFT has no FTL drives, not at all.

Blueshift is a standalone FTL mod, but has the issue of the fact that the tyranny of the rocket equation still exists

2 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

Hello @myste_rae, I tend to play with KSPIE, But I don't use faster than light, FTL is fine, but try getting as far as ya can without it, you will be surprised

FFT has no FTL drives, not at all.

Blueshift is a standalone FTL mod, but has the issue of the fact that the tyranny of the rocket equation still exists

Honestly, I'm not that worried about FTL specifically, it's just that... all 3 of those mods seem to add fuels and technologies, and I'm worried that they might clash, when I play. Like having multiple heat systems, different fuels doing the same thing, etc

Well, KSPIE is my go to, FFT is my next best one(KSPIE has full tweakscale support, and encourages ISRU)

Blueshift is only FTL, you will still need other propulsion for getting anywhere else

KSPIE has pretty much everything, including the ability to make planes that don't need fuel(they run on nuclear reactors) and they can run on literally any planet

What interstellar mod you going with?
My favorites are(In Order)
Light Levels
Galaxies Unbound
Edge of Eternity(Set in the extreme far future, has an interstellar expansion)

I was initially planning on Galaxies Unbound, but I realised that dozens of stars, each with dozens of planets... was just too much. Plus my system map was laggy. I think I'll probably end up going with Extrasolar, just one additional star, and it's binary with Kerbol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.