Jump to content

Release Date theory's


Meb Kat
 Share

Recommended Posts

Theory's on the exact release date of KSP 2

 

Im betting on some time in April as that is the 60th anniversary of the first ever space video game (spacewar!)

Edited by Meb Kat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

July 22, and october 7th? (it has to be released on friday. i will have a short burst of hype every friday.)

But I'm hoping for spring/summer. Saw the statement about the QA tester too. It must be like 80 percent finished for them to hire a QA tester.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

*begins frantically scouring list of space-related dates that also fall on a friday this year*

How about July 15th? (Apollo-Soyuz Test Project)
Or maybe... like, November 11th? (Gemini 12)
Or how about... uh... June 17th? (STS-51G)

In all seriousness, I'm betting somewhere between June and September.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess: Release date will be announced at PAX in April. They're probably aiming for release shortly threafter, but it could be winter if it can't be made presentable by then. T2 will want a release this year almost certainly for money reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TLTay said:

My guess: Release date will be announced at PAX in April.

You know? Maybe? It's a little early, I think, but also with no physical E3 this year, they might decide to release info a little earlier at a conference people will care about. So yeah, maybe KSP2 at PAX. I would be pumped, since I have my passes already.

On the other hand, digital E3 is still taking place, and T2 will probably have a showcase, just like the last year, and that would be my main bet. I can pretty much guarantee that KSP2 will be featured, and I think T2/Intercept should be confident in release date at least to a month by that point. So I'd expect something like "Coming in November" at E3, with maybe the exact date announced a little later, plus a new trailer or several.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, K^2 said:

You know? Maybe? It's a little early, I think, but also with no physical E3 this year, they might decide to release info a little earlier at a conference people will care about. So yeah, maybe KSP2 at PAX. I would be pumped, since I have my passes already.

On the other hand, digital E3 is still taking place, and T2 will probably have a showcase, just like the last year, and that would be my main bet. I can pretty much guarantee that KSP2 will be featured, and I think T2/Intercept should be confident in release date at least to a month by that point. So I'd expect something like "Coming in November" at E3, with maybe the exact date announced a little later, plus a new trailer or several.

We need a gameplay trailer. All the "gameplay" we have seen so far looks pretty good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

November 11, 2022

Best timing ever, very sensitive too, KSP has always had a lot in common with that date...

TgS4Qqa.png

*Violent launchpad flashbacks*

But really though, I actually couldn't think of a worse time to release this game...

Other than November 11 2023 (2024?(2025?!?(I need to stop myself before spiral into manic pessimism)))

Edited by Minmus Taster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

I can live with that... just not December!

Really, it's better to brace yourself for December release, and if it comes out sooner, great! It's way worse if you expect it in July/August and it comes out in November.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

13 hours ago, K^2 said:

Really, it's better to brace yourself for December release, and if it comes out sooner, great! It's way worse if you expect it in July/August and it comes out in November.

 

Totally agree, I can wait longer.

In all honesty, their are three things I am realy anticipating at the moment: Avatar 2 comes out in December, and the XFL comes back in 2023. I want KSP 2 to come out earlier, but if it does come out later it's fine.

I feel I have been waiting for stuff for years (because I have!). Hopefully KSP 2 can fulfill its promise, as many of us have been waiting since it got announced! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...