The Devs are not sharing stuff ON PURPOSE

This is not a bad thing. It just means we are getting closer to MAJOR NEWS. KSP Star posted recently, so that shows that they are not short staffed or anything. IN FACT, they are hiring more people to quality test the game. The Steam page also change s the release from 2022 to COMING SOON!

It appears to me we are getting a rollout for this game in summer! Maybe I am to hopefull, but I want to dedicate a thread to this discussion!

(Sorry for the lack of brevity)

Edited by PlutoISaPlanet
Spelling

Just now, Benzo Kerman said:

I did that just now, it has indeed changed. Still not getting too hyped though...

Could it have automatically rolled over on 01 January since it's technically the same year as release now? It's possible that nobody touched it.

3 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Could it have automatically rolled over on 01 January since it's technically the same year as release now?

Yeah that seems likely as the last time internet archive says it was changed was the 25th of December- and it still said planned release in 2022. So it probably automatically updated, but back to the original point- it has indeed changed! :D

I think Intercept is just getting back into the swing of things after the winter break. Usually, by the last year of work, teams are pretty tired, and it's not unusual for an extra long break at this point. The entire studio could've been out since ~20th and only got back to work full force this week, with some people padding that with even more vacation time on either end. They might simply have nothing new to share yet. Give them another week or two, and we'll probably see another show-and-tell or a dev blog.

That said, yeah, there will probably be a quiet period before they open up the gates for a hype campaign, and yeah, I suppose that quiet period could have already started, but I would expect that to happen some time in the spring, with media campaign in the summer and game releasing late fall to early winter. I'd like to be surprised with an earlier release as much as everyone else, but I doubt it. So you're right about the pattern, but I don't think that's it yet.

6 hours ago, TLTay said:

Could it have automatically rolled over on 01 January since it's technically the same year as release now? It's possible that nobody touched it.

I have few games to be released this year wishlisted, and some still say 2022.

Omicron has also been a huge drag lately. I know its affected a lot of vendors and contractors we work with. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! As far as release date Im all old and patient now. I just hope its as great as it looks :)

Edited by Pthigrivi

I think the game will be released when it is more or less ready, and not when the calendar has the right date. I believe that we will find out the release date about six months before the release, then the main video bloggers will be allowed to play the beta version. In general, you can place bets here on the release date of the game, winners will wear the medal of Nostradamus.

Edited by Alexoff

49 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

When you put it like that...

I mean, I got your point. It comes down to whether the lack of news is indicative of them being on the grind, an approaching major announcement, or some problem with the game. Based on what we've seen and heard recently, I think it's most likely the former. Besides, the devs were on winter break just recently, and this past Friday wasn't a scheduled Show And Tell day anyway, and they've said things won't necessarily be shown off every other week as it is, etc., etc.

I think we're probably still a bit too early for a serious marketing/hype buildup, but I fully expect something to happen at PAX, and a summer/fall release seems quite plausible.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:58 PM, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Pax probably

Agreed, PAX is the next big conference/event coming up. Even with everything going on, and if IRL stuff is cancelled, we'll probably see trailer and such being released around this time for KSP 2. 

One thing we do have to consider also is the fact that just because we haven't seen any "Show and Tells" or Developer Posts recently doesn't mean they aren't working on stuff or that things have gone "Off the Rails" so to speak and they are delaying the game. I think we've only seen, and will probably only see, a small section of what's been done, with the rest being what we see when the game comes out! 

Remain carefully optimistic, though. I have faith in the developers that they will deliver a fun and exciting game that will make the perfect sequel to KSP! Not to be rude.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:00 PM, Brandon10044 said:

Agreed, PAX is the next big conference/event coming up. Even with everything going on, and if IRL stuff is cancelled, we'll probably see trailer and such being released around this time for KSP 2. 

One thing we do have to consider also is the fact that just because we haven't seen any "Show and Tells" or Developer Posts recently doesn't mean they aren't working on stuff or that things have gone "Off the Rails" so to speak and they are delaying the game. I think we've only seen, and will probably only see, a small section of what's been done, with the rest being what we see when the game comes out! 

Remain carefully optimistic, though. I have faith in the developers that they will deliver a fun and exciting game that will make the perfect sequel to KSP! Not to be rude.

Another forum user has said that Nate Simpson stated he has some new coming up (I cant find the post). If this is true, I guess it explains the relative quiteness.

However, I don't want them to just go dark for 4 months. Hopefully this news comes out sooner than later, I feel like we need it.

12 hours ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Another forum user has said that Nate Simpson stated he has some new coming up (I cant find the post). If this is true, I guess it explains the relative quiteness.

However, I don't want them to just go dark for 4 months. Hopefully this news comes out sooner than later, I feel like we need it.

"that forum user who said Nate said they had something to show us updated the post and said that he accidently referenced the "thing," which was the December show and tell

32 minutes ago, sunnypunny said:

when you're stuck in limbo just waiting around for so many years it kinda takes the wind out of the sails

I can agree with that. I'm at the it will release whenever it releases stage of waiting. My hype for release has long been exhausted. 

As for teasers and info, it's nice that Intercept is releasing some information. It was awesome of them to do so in a routine manner. But I also expect them to run out of stuff to share or get too busy to share and begin the radio silence again. So no big deal for me. As long as we don't hear the game has been canceled, I'll patiently wait and hopefully don't forget about it.