The Devs are not sharing stuff ON PURPOSE

34 minutes ago, sunnypunny said:

all the indie games i follow are regularly dropping new features that entertain people for a lot longer than their promos (even with the devoted youtubers delving into every minute detail of them). it feels awkward and idk why they've been so secretive about everything from day one, it makes very little sense. but i almost never play AA / AAA games so maybe that's just how they roll.

in the end, the more they delay and the more secretive they are, the higher the bar gets raised. whenever i finally get to play this game, will i be able to really enjoy it - or will i be stuck thinking about these limbo years with very little to go on, and just wonder why it took so long? look at cyberpunk - that was mega hyped and secretive for so many years (anticipation in the VR community was especially high) but in the end it was a buggy mess. i only buy a AA / AAA game every few years and none of them have given me as much fun or hours as indies - plus some have been absolute disasters.

Sometimes I wish the game was never announced. That way we wouldn't be stuck in these limbo years of waiting.

1 hour ago, sunnypunny said:

it feels awkward and idk why they've been so secretive about everything from day one, it makes very little sense. but i almost never play AA / AAA games so maybe that's just how they roll

Intercept is an indy studio with some mentalities of a AAA studio. The sharing of info is low priority to them. If they are busy or don't have anything to share, they won't. Most AAA studios won't share info beyond when they accept the contract and when they have an release date. If there is any info released about a game, it's only released to gaming news sources, not the general public.

There are exceptions, but that is typical AAA studio behavior.

That's why I don't freak out when they don't share what they are up to.

Edited by shdwlrd

The game is very unstable presented to us. In the early days, there was a lot of hype and communication with fans, questions and answers, the most famous bloggers were invited to parties. The game was supposed to come out very soon! Then there were rare videos with stories about the game, then silence and a scandalous postponement, then they began to show us the details of the game of different quality every two weeks, and now silence again. Something is happening in the depths of the company, but we see only circles on the water.

6 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

I wonder when KSP2 was set to Coming Soon then. That's promising!

At the beginning of the thread we did some research and deemed that it most likely automatically rolled over when the year switched to 2022. But it does mean that we are in the planned year of release!

9 minutes ago, Benzo Kerman said:

At the beginning of the thread we did some research and deemed that it most likely automatically rolled over when the year switched to 2022. But it does mean that we are in the planned year of release!

It is strange that some games that are releasing in 2022 don't say coming soon, but either way we are in the planned release year, less than 365 days away from KSP 2.

47 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

This is interesting. Wonder how soon soon is (if it was manually set to coming soon).

18 minutes ago, Benzo Kerman said:

Sweet

7 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

It is strange that some games that are releasing in 2022 don't say coming soon, but either way we are in the planned release year, less than 365 days away from KSP 2.

Huh, you do have a point. Maybe there is an option for the devs to choose if they want it to automatically change? Because if you check the Internet Archive page the last time it says it was manually changed was on December 25. Now this may not be exact, as Internet Archive specifies, but there is no activity this year at all on the Steam page, so it is convincing nonetheless. Here is the Internet Archive link: https://web.archive.org/web/20210601000000*/https://store.steampowered.com/app/954850/Kerbal_Space_Program_2/

Just now, Benzo Kerman said:

Huh, you do have a point. Maybe there is an option for the devs to choose if they want it to automatically change? Because if you check the Internet Archive page the last time it says it was manually changed was on December 25. Now this may not be exact, as Internet Archive specifies, but there is no activity this year at all on the Steam page, so it is convincing nonetheless. Here is the Internet Archive link: https://web.archive.org/web/20210601000000*/https://store.steampowered.com/app/954850/Kerbal_Space_Program_2/

Good find. This Steam page stuff is intriguing.

Ok so I just want to add that ksp 2 is planned for fiscal 2023 which begins in April. The game will release in 2022. Personaly, I do not see the game releasing in the winter season because it is not a holiday game (in my opinion). Looks like a fall release to me. 

3 minutes ago, Benzo Kerman said:

So this archive can determine whether it was manually changed or automatically changed?

7 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Ok so I just want to add that ksp 2 is planned for fiscal 2023 which begins in April. The game will release in 2022. Personaly, I do not see the game releasing in the winter season because it is not a holiday game (in my opinion). Looks like a fall release to me. 

Yeah this seems likely as this is the official stuff- not some random stuff community members ucovered... :D

4 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

So this archive can determine whether it was manually changed or automatically changed?

I honestly don't know. It just shows when it changed

Edited by Benzo Kerman

1 minute ago, Benzo Kerman said:

I honestly don't know. It just shows when it changed

Horizon Forbidden West is the only other new game I am interested in playing this year so
if I get to play that first and then Kerbal Space Program 2, I am happy with that

29 minutes ago, Benzo Kerman said:

Yeah this seems likely as this is the official stuff- not some random stuff community members ucovered... :D

I found it in some article roadmaping Take 2's future releases. Honestly, it doesn't matter because we know it is releasing in 2022, and it is impossible it releases before April. I am hoping for August, but I am starting to realize the unlikelihood of that.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:33 PM, PlutoISaPlanet said:

This is not a bad thing. It just means we are getting closer to MAJOR NEWS. KSP Star posted recently, so that shows that they are not short staffed or anything. IN FACT, they are hiring more people to quality test the game. The Steam page also change s the release from 2022 to COMING SOON!

It appears to me we are getting a rollout for this game in summer! Maybe I am to hopefull, but I want to dedicate a thread to this discussion!

(Sorry for the lack of brevity)

i think they are getting ready for the major kickoff of mass development so hopefully the game can launch by 2022 (or 2023 2nd quarter at my worst prediction) . the only fear that i have is that they still haven't figured out the multiplayer mechanics for KSP2 and the haven't gotten in KSP2 beta (that we know, of course). all we gotta do is grab a Caprisun (TM) and turn up time warp.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:50 PM, Basesixty said:

The steam page has said “coming soon” since ~2019.

im not trying to say anything hard but i think that's a bit of a pessimistic comment... its steams fault. blame them! not the devs

13 hours ago, sunnypunny said:

all the indie games i follow are regularly dropping new features that entertain people for a lot longer than their promos (even with the devoted youtubers delving into every minute detail of them). it feels awkward and idk why they've been so secretive about everything from day one, it makes very little sense. but i almost never play AA / AAA games so maybe that's just how they roll.

Indie games die fast if they're forgotten, being "different", keeping a healthy community around them and raising money early is the way they're created, Early Access and Betas are not some desirable prize they give us out of kindness but a tool they use to get the game out early and start to rake in money to keep the lights in the studio on and keep developing the game. 

I know we're used to this "Transparency" and this blogging out every time the write a line or go to the bathroom from indie studios, but that's not out of goodness, that's just the best  strategy for that type of studio, if you don't do that your indie game is never going to become known especially since marketing money is not a thing at that level.

Private Division doesn't play by those rules, it doesn't need to. The game is already funded, there's no need to get the product out early, they have the resources to keep developing the game as long as it takes and the only thing that they stop in the meantime is the publisher backed marketing campaign, it's useless to spend any amount of money in marketing now, months or even years from launch, and that the first thing they did after the studio change in 2019, they knew the game was going to be delayed by more than a year and they immediately stopped all marketing, all Youtube and reddit ads and most of the press coverage and events presence. 

All the reveals that have been posted since are just a moderation tool, as we can clearly see from the past week of threads and posts as soon as we are starved of information the whole forum becomes overly paranoid and more flamey, and even just a low res image of a engine mesh can stop that tendency for a couple of weeks.

12 hours ago, The Aziz said:

This is what @The Azizposted it says "Planned Release Date: 2022" for another game called Stray

26 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Do you think it was automatic or manual?

Looking at it...the last change was on the 25th of December and the archive indicates it was still stating a release for 2022, so it might have been automatic.

But the Stray game above shows that it might be able to be set to not update to Coming Soon as an option.

No way to know.

10 hours ago, Master39 said:

All the reveals that have been posted since are just a moderation tool, as we can clearly see from the past week of threads and posts as soon as we are starved of information the whole forum becomes overly paranoid and more flamey, and even just a low res image of a engine mesh can stop that tendency for a couple of weeks

53 minutes ago, sunnypunny said:

gamers are senseless masses with zero self-control or ability to think critically. interesting 

Interesting take on that. 

Master39 is correct with that statement. I've noticed the same thing. Whenever Intercept misses an info release, you'll have users coming from the depths of the forum exclaiming everything from something is seriously wrong within Intercept to KSP2 will never get released.

It's annoying and it's tiresome to see the same BS over and over again. All just because no information was released.

53 minutes ago, sunnypunny said:

so basically: gamers are mere sources of capital to be exploited for the profit of the corporation. gotcha

Umm... that isn't just for gamers. The same thing can be said for everyone who does business with any company.

Edited by shdwlrd