The Devs are not sharing stuff ON PURPOSE

Patience is a virtue. I love seeing the sneak peeks too but I've also gotten into cycles at work where the tail is wagging the dog and you're spending as much time putting presentations together as doing actual design work. If they're looking for feedback, great. Other than that Im happy to see more on things like science and colonization when they've got it as a full-thought. 

7 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Whenever Intercept misses an info release, you'll have users coming from the depths of the forum exclaiming everything from something is seriously wrong within Intercept to KSP2 will never get released.

It's annoying and it's tiresome to see the same BS over and over again. All just because no information was released.

I think much of this is a function of age. I'd bet my bottom dollar that most of it is kids/teenagers that aren't necessarily accustomed to long waits or putting things in perspective. While it's fun to speculate, we'll get the game when we get it. It's simply not done yet. This isn't a shake-n-bake shooter. There are lots of very real and very heavy issues with physics, math, and multiplayer no doubt to be sorted out. The lack of updates is unfortunate, but we'll get a finished product at some point.

4 minutes ago, TLTay said:

I think much of this is a function of age. I'd bet my bottom dollar that most of it is kids/teenagers that aren't necessarily accustomed to long waits or putting things in perspective. While it's fun to speculate, we'll get the game when we get it. It's simply not done yet. This isn't a shake-n-bake shooter. There are lots of very real and very heavy issues with physics, math, and multiplayer no doubt to be sorted out. The lack of updates is unfortunate, but we'll get a finished product at some point.

Me at almost 40 waiting 10+ years for ES6 like 
RFvE.gif

Edited by Pthigrivi

2 hours ago, sunnypunny said:

so basically: gamers are mere sources of capital to be exploited for the profit of the corporation. gotcha 

Nope, my point is more about marketing working in a completely different way if you're a well funded studio backed by a publisher instead of a small self-publishing indie studio.

Both types of studios see gamers the same way, as customers to sell a product to.

also: gamers are senseless masses with zero self-control or ability to think critically. interesting 

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..." K.

12 hours ago, Master39 said:

All the reveals that have been posted since are just a moderation tool, as we can clearly see from the past week of threads and posts as soon as we are starved of information the whole forum becomes overly paranoid and more flamey, and even just a low res image of a engine mesh can stop that tendency for a couple of weeks.

The thing is that the reveals are also a very cheap way of marketing the game. The effort to take a clip and upload it is pretty low for a company, practically nothing compared to the effort spent on the dev videos, and it keeps the future buyers engaged. I don’t think radio silence is indicative of anything about the development process, but I would like some information about the game or I’ll lose my interest and I won’t bring the ten new people to the game like I was planning to when I was excited. 

so basically: gamers are mere sources of capital to be exploited for the profit of the corporation. gotcha 

Primary goal of any studio is to sell games. It can be an objective in itself, or it can be a consequence of studio's desire to make bigger and better games in the future. The motivations of people in charge don't really matter for this factor. If you don't optimize your profit, you can't do what you want to do working at a games studio, whatever that happens to be. And that means, your goal as a studio is to extract cash from gamers. There are different ways you can go about it; different ways you can build a relationship with the community. But unless it's a smash-and grab to make a quick buck, the net result is the same. Whether you want to make money, so that you can make better games to keep gamers happy, or you want to keep gamers happy, so that they can buy more things, so that you can make more money - the balancing act and when and what to communicate are exactly the same in either case. You can be cynical and think the greedy corps are just after your money, or hopelessly optimistic and think they're just trying to make the best games. Reality will always be a mix of both, but again, that doesn't change how the company has to act and conduct its public outreach in order to be successful at what they do.

Paris needs money, c'est la vie.