I'm very bad pls help

pokecento

so I'm not really new but extremely bad, so I've got almost every piece of tech in the game but still haven't got close to landing on duna or any planet the best I've done is fly by duna and barely got back, so if you got tips please tell me. thanks

Welcome to the forum @pokecento, you are not bad, orbital mechanics are not very intuitive and even simplified, like in KSP can take a little while to understand.

Are you using the transfer window for Duna? At certain times it is far more efficient to go to Duna or any other planets. This planner gives you the transfer windows or you can just eyeball it - Duna needs to be about 44 degrees ahead of Kerbin when you do your transfer burn.

Once you have an intercept and are roughly half way there you should do a 'correction burn'. This allows you to adjust your course precisely so that you arrive at Duna at the altitude and inclination you prefer (this allows you to plot a course that enters the atmosphere a little bit to benefit from aerobraking). Create a manoeuvre node about 10 minutes ahead of your present position, click on Duna and select 'focus view' - this will let you see your projected path through Duna's sphere of influence. Scroll out until you can see your node and adjust as necessary.

Once you have mastered mid course correction you can attempt 'aerocapture'. If you fly deep enough into the atmosphere you can end up landing without using very much DV at all.

This is a very complex game and a surprising number of players don't even try to reach the other planets, so that means you are not bad at KSP but maybe even better than average. :)

How well do you fare with missions to Mun? If you get pretty good at those it's not really much different to go to Duna and back.