Help with space shuttles

Nerbal The Second

When making a spaceplane it's important to check the balance both while it has a full load of fuel, and then manually drain the tanks (through r-click) to see how the center of mass changes as you use up fuel. Try to arrange the parts so that the COM is pretty close to the same place both ways. I also find it useful to have a set of control surfaces at both the front and the back. The extra control helps as the balance point moves,  and during the parts of the flight where the air is very thin and thus  diminishing the effects of the control surfaces. 

I suggest you to put a lighter engine: either a dart or a terrier. Or maybe two Thuds? My Phoenix (might rename it to Pigeon) shuttle used a terrier on its first flight, but for moar power I put two thuds. And my new Hawk shuttle, currently in development will use two darts. So yeah: center of mass and lift problem here.

And: My hawk will use a fuel drain valve so that during re-entry its center of mass moves forward  So you can use that too.

Edited by Aerodynamic Kerbal