Will Kerbals die of old age now?

Werner Von Kerman is a thing, it's implied that he's some old scientist, so age is a thing in KSP.

However, I like to think that this aging is practically endless, as you can theorhetically timewarp to billions of years in the future, while practically nothing changes for the Kerbals. This is likely just an intentional 'oversight' for the purpose of cohesive gameplay.

Would be interesting to see death from old age though, since it introduces the potential for using cryogenic stasis over interstellar distances, allowing the ship to be controlled by a probe while the kerbals sleep.

I think they breed by splitting. When a Kerbal gets old enough they can split into 2 Kerbals, but only when they choose to.

We don't see this in-game because they're very private about all that sort of stuff, and they'd never do it in a capsule that's just obscene.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:07 PM, intelliCom said:

Werner Von Kerman is a thing, it's implied that he's some old scientist, so age is a thing in KSP.

However, I like to think that this aging is practically endless, as you can theorhetically timewarp to billions of years in the future, while practically nothing changes for the Kerbals. This is likely just an intentional 'oversight' for the purpose of cohesive gameplay.

Would be interesting to see death from old age though, since it introduces the potential for using cryogenic stasis over interstellar distances, allowing the ship to be controlled by a probe while the kerbals sleep.

This is relevant as the mission control kerbals will still be around after hundreds of years. 
I guess KSP 2 kerbals will not die of old age, this will have you inspect the age on crews for long missions like interstellar ones to avoid them dying before reaching the target, it adds annoying game play elements . 
If they want some way to kill of colonists for some reason use stupidity, no drinking monopropleant does not let you skip using space suits on eva. 

6 hours ago, magnemoe said:

drinking monopropleant does not let you skip using space suits on eva

"Pro-tip: To extend the amount of EVA fuel you have, just fill your stomach and lungs with monopropellant! Your body will store the energy and expend it when needed!"

2 hours ago, intelliCom said:

"Pro-tip: To extend the amount of EVA fuel you have, just fill your stomach and lungs with monopropellant! Your body will store the energy and expend it when needed!"

good luck getting those "bursts" from the "engines" without having to open up your suit, lol

Doubt they will die of old age, I think colonies will grow in population depending on how big and advanced a colony is and would at some point stop growing.

On 1/20/2022 at 1:27 AM, intelliCom said:

Or just eat a lot of beans, methane is good too!