Favorite small mods with new parts?

eberkain

I have taken breaks from KSP a few times over the years and I have missed out on some mods that don't get enough attention.  For example, I only discovered this one a few days ago.  Those giant sun shields are awesome and the robot dog is just mind boggling how that even works. 

I know all the bigger mods that people talk about a lot, but I'm sure there are plenty of smaller mods that I have missed out on.  Anyone care to share their favorite ones?

44 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

my best suggestion is to go onto CKAN and search for @linuxgurugamer and @zer0Kerbal (use the at `@` symbol followed by the name) and you will find hundreds of mods that are being updated.

Already done some of that.  Do you know if the Mini Sample Return  or Solar Science mods have any support for Kerbalism? 

17 hours ago, eberkain said:

I searched their discord and it looks like both are not supported.  :(

Are you playing KerbalismSimplex or KerbalismConfig/ScienceOnly? I could setup a simple MM patch for you for the Mini Sample Return probably, I'm digging down in Kerbalism modding these days. Talking about Solar Science, seems more difficult but probably could be done too, but I'm not expert in Kerbalism experiment requirements.

2 hours ago, leonardfactory said:

Are you playing KerbalismSimplex or KerbalismConfig/ScienceOnly? I could setup a simple MM patch for you for the Mini Sample Return probably, I'm digging down in Kerbalism modding these days. Talking about Solar Science, seems more difficult but probably could be done too, but I'm not expert in Kerbalism experiment requirements.

I'm playing with the regular configs.  I did some digging in the config folder and there is a kerbalism config for a part from a mod called SampleReturnCapsule, but the folder for this mod is called MiniSampleReturnCapsule.  I wonder if the mod folder was renamed with the update?

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/blob/master/GameData/KerbalismConfig/Support/SampleReturnCapsule_Science.cfg

Edited by eberkain

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

I'm playing with the regular configs.  I did some digging in the config folder and there is a kerbalism config for a part from a mod called SampleReturnCapsule, but the folder for this mod is called MiniSampleReturnCapsule.  I wonder if the mod folder was renamed with the update?

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/blob/master/GameData/KerbalismConfig/Support/SampleReturnCapsule_Science.cfg

Maybe it's another mod that did something similar, not pretty sure, interesting however!
Probably copypasting it in another file and readdressing the parts to something like:

@PART[msrc-cargobay]:NEEDS[MiniSampleReturnCapsule] ... 
@PART[msrc-parachute]:NEEDS[...

should work!

4 hours ago, eberkain said:

mod folder was renamed with the update?

This ^^^ as part of the Update/Adoption

2 hours ago, leonardfactory said:

Maybe it's another mod that did something similar, not pretty sure, interesting however!
Probably copypasting it in another file and readdressing the parts to something like:

Am debating about doing that (already done on my fork) and PRing it to Kerbalism, or rather including the revised patch in the next release since I will be doing an update pass on MSRC.

@Sir Mortimer/ @Gotmachine My thoughts are that the existing patch in Kerbalism should be left alone, and the new patch should be included in MSRC or Kerbalism, but as a new patch.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.