52 minutes ago, Kerb24 said:

I can't get my space shuttle replica to work, so I can't do the ISS, so can I just put an engine on the external tank to make it actually flyable?

Yep

• 4 weeks later...

Are visual mods allowed?  Im going to do apollo 11 (cause yes.) I will call it Mupollo 11. Hope i can do it!:D

Edited by Kerbalyer
GENERATION 36: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Or maybe I won't

17 hours ago, Kerbalyer said:

Are visual mods allowed?  Im going to do apollo 11 (cause yes.) I will call it Mupollo 11. Hope i can do it!:D

Yes

• 1 month later...

aww man i could do the voyager task in 0.365 tons but its gonna melt the srbs if u need it historical(i.e has own kal propulsion system and cannot be carried)

about the iss:ill design it after i solve shuttle problems(thats the top problem in my list thanks to jame kerman)

Edited by imcute

On 7/1/2022 at 2:02 AM, imcute said:

aww man i could do the voyager task in 0.365 tons but its gonna melt the srbs if u need it historical(i.e has own kal propulsion system and cannot be carried)

about the iss:ill design it after i solve shuttle problems(thats the top problem in my list thanks to jame kerman)

The goal of the challenge is not to complete the mission, it's to design a look-alike. The KAL propulsion system is now illegal. Use a clipped engine I guess.

Kerb24 has a great ISS, I recommend reading his challenge report.

6 hours ago, Akagi said:

The KAL propulsion system is now illegal

no its using kal to generate fuel not to consume it faster

6 hours ago, Akagi said:

, it's to design a look-alike

aww idk how real rockets are designed

maybe ill make a model

6 hours ago, Akagi said:

Use a clipped engine I guess.

no a spark is enough

6 hours ago, Akagi said:

it's to design a look-alike.

okay

plan:

can of kerbals(hithiker+mk3 kerbal can)

science(material study)

comms(antenna)

propulsion(kal underclocking core+normal dawn)

probe/emergency evacuation reentry powered decent pod(old voyager probe(spark->vector)+mk3 kerbal can+inflatable heat shield+klaw for docking)

docking extenders(six sided docking port+docking ports)

welp could only launch this at once

Alright, so I went with a Voyager remake. I tried to make my probe look as much as the original and also, I tried to launch it with my version of a Titan IIIE Rocket. Because I cant fold up my probe, the fairing obviously doesn't look original. I have to say - it's a strange rocket. It has giant SRBs and a tiny second stage.

Also, I didn't achieve Kerbolar Escape, just a 1080 year eliptical orbit. 

Spoiler

UOEQ1d1.jpgdEtEKBQ.jpg3H9t2JH.jpgjPtZaUy.jpgKkCYtP8.jpgGfCm580.jpg

Edited by Xeldrak

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.