Ok, I'm not sure if mine will actually qualify for above and beyond, because I'll be using a Proton-M rather than a Proton K/D, because I cannot find any diagrams of the Proton K/D to save my life. I'll also try to do a descent without parachutes, but that may be just impossible.

I have a Venera 11 lander prototype that can land without parachutes but I don't have time to design the rest of the mission. If you want I can give you my model,  if only as inspiration. It might not be as detailed as you'd like, though. Landing without chute is pretty hard given that Eve's atmosphere isn't nearly as thick as Venus'.

You'll have to design your own entry capsule though. Never got around to building something that is actually spherical and works.

@QF9E I was actually inspired by your thing. I tried using a fairing, but it exploded. I think next I'll try a heat shield cube. I've designed a mediocre Venera 11, but I have yet to design the mediocre landing system or the mediocre launch vehicle, and test them.

7 hours ago, 4D4850 said:

@QF9E I was actually inspired by your thing. I tried using a fairing, but it exploded. I think next I'll try a heat shield cube. I've designed a mediocre Venera 11, but I have yet to design the mediocre landing system or the mediocre launch vehicle, and test them.

Looking forward to what you come up with!

On 1/29/2022 at 6:23 AM, 4D4850 said:

Your lander, if I'm remembering correctly, used basic fins for drag. I think mine will do the same thing, but also draw inspiration from helicopter and slightly angle the fins.

A helicoptelander would sorta count?

That would be REALLY cool.

On 2/10/2022 at 11:03 AM, BigStar Aerospace said:

I have a Saturn V - Apollo 11 recreation, do I just need to supply screenshots? Because I have allot of them.

10 hours ago, Br0wnie007 said:

challenge accepted first will be sputnik 1

edit all of the challenges will not have the making history dlc cause i don't own it

it's fine man it's F.I.N.E.

look at my sputnik entry for a good way to make stock no-DLC sputnik ship

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since my first entry to this challenge, I have gotten the following parts mods: Restock, Restock Plus, and Crash Kerbal. I also now have Trajectories, and Historical Kerbal Suits. Are these mods okay for this challenge?

17 minutes ago, Kerb24 said:

Since my first entry to this challenge, I have gotten the following parts mods: Restock, Restock Plus, and Crash Kerbal. I also now have Trajectories, and Historical Kerbal Suits. Are these mods okay for this challenge?

Yep!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.