real solar system for ksp 2

Just now, Ninadragonborn said:

please can you add a Real Solar system for ksp 2 or some why of making a our solar system without need for mods 

Umm , nope ?

Why would they put it in ksp 2 ?

You would just download RSS for ksp 2 .... That's it ...

19 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

It would be nice to have an option to play in the real* solar system, or the Kerbol system.

*'Real' meaning with all planets and all moons.

*sigh*

As has been repeatedly explained every time this pops up, adding Sol system would require a large amount of work by the devs- making the planets etc., getting them to look as good as the rest of KSP2’s planetary bodies, then rebalancing all the parts to make it possible to play in a system that’s over ten times larger than stock; meanwhile many players will never use it because they don’t want that, and the people who want realism will either stick to KSP with RSS/RO/RP-1, or make RSS, RO and RP-1 for KSP2 rather than accepting a hodge-podge as “stock”, meaning the devs have done a lot of work but please almost nobody. I (and others when threads like this appear) would greatly prefer KSP2 done right and in a reasonable time frame than KSP2 delivered late with Sol system in it and all manner of hacky hacks to make stock parts usable.

Not going to happen, wait for the mods like everyone else.

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

*sigh*

As has been repeatedly explained every time this pops up, adding Sol system would require a large amount of work by the devs- making the planets etc., getting them to look as good as the rest of KSP2’s planetary bodies, then rebalancing all the parts to make it possible to play in a system that’s over ten times larger than stock; meanwhile many players will never use it because they don’t want that, and the people who want realism will either stick to KSP with RSS/RO/RP-1, or make RSS, RO and RP-1 for KSP2 rather than accepting a hodge-podge as “stock”, meaning the devs have done a lot of work but please almost nobody. I (and others when threads like this appear) would greatly prefer KSP2 done right and in a reasonable time frame than KSP2 delivered late with Sol system in it and all manner of hacky hacks to make stock parts usable.

This and also direct from Nate Simpsons' mouth "There will be no physical changes for the Kerbol system. We want veteran players to feel at home when starting KSP2. We want the Kerbol system to be the easy, starting system for new players." (I'm paraphrasing Nate's responses over several interviews when asked about the Kerbolar system and RSS.)

Now the Sol system maybe added as a discoverable system, (Easter egg) but it won't be the starting system.

1 hour ago, shdwlrd said:

Now the Sol system maybe added as a discoverable system, (Easter egg) but...

I hope not. I'd rather they put the effort into a system with unexpected planets with real challenge. Kerbol system is basically already the Sol system (kerbalized), minus the outer planets.

40 minutes ago, TLTay said:

I hope not. I'd rather they put the effort into a system with unexpected planets with real challenge. Kerbol system is basically already the Sol system (kerbalized), minus the outer planets.

Have to say something to give all of the very vocal RSS/RO users hope that the Sol system might appear in the vanilla game. Since Nate never specifically denied it, we don't know.

18 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Not going to happen, just wait for the mods like everyone else.

Yes exactly this, @Ninadragonborn. I certainly would not enjoy stock RSS. The ones who want it can just wait for the mods.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:17 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

*sigh*

my problem is excatly with mods and that i don't want to use them i want it to be in base game beacuse most modder don't give a damn about your problem and i don't want to update mods constantly so i want it to be in base game 

On 1/20/2022 at 2:32 AM, TLTay said:

kerbol a fantasy system this game suppose to be simulator not  an imaginary unrealistic system 

if i want explore some new planets i go play no man's sky which is one of my favorite games 

i want as much realism as possible from this game because its a simulator 

32 minutes ago, Ninadragonborn said:

don't want to use them

Well sorry that's too bad!

32 minutes ago, Ninadragonborn said:

kerbol a fantasy system this game suppose to be simulator not  an imaginary unrealistic system 

if i want explore some new planets i go play no man's sky which is one of my favorite games 

Yeah about that... KSP2 will undoubtedly be played by a very big amount, possibly a majority, of people who also play KSP1. A whole lot of them don't play RSS, and RSS being stock would only scare away many old players, and also many new ones because it is simply too hard for them. I am one of those KSP1 players. 

Then there is the argument that it would take time. You see, the KSP2 devs are hard working on KSP2, which has already been delayed, not once but twice, for a year or more. Suddenly adding RSS would delay it more, making a lot of people rather unhappy. Me among them. Then they would also need to rebalance the parts, and possibly even create new ones.

Sorry, no KSP2 stock RSS coming.

Edited by Maria Sirona

38 minutes ago, Ninadragonborn said:

my problem is excatly with mods and that i don't want to use them i want it to be in base game

"I can't be bothered using mods, so the developers must include everything I want regardless of how much work it will be, how long it pushes the release back by or how much bloat it introduces for everyone else playing the game."

KSP2 will not feature Sol system as stock. End of discussion.

On 1/22/2022 at 6:12 PM, Ninadragonborn said:

http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Here ya go. And it's free!

You do realize that implementing RSS would mean that every. Single. Part. In the game (and there will be hundreds of them) had to be rebalanced?

On 1/22/2022 at 9:46 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

"I can't be bothered using mods, so the developers must include everything I want regardless of how much work it will be, how long it pushes the release back by or how much bloat it introduces for everyone else playing the game."

KSP2 will not feature Sol system as stock. End of discussion.

yes for you goodbye 

On 1/24/2022 at 3:54 PM, The Aziz said:

http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Here ya go. And it's free!

You do realize that implementing RSS would mean that every. Single. Part. In the game (and there will be hundreds of them) had to be rebalanced?

i don't understand why people think i don't know there is mod for this game a lot of them and i know them i using some of them do think i am a player for past few days i am playing this game for 4 years and i have using the RSS for 2 or years atleast i am not the most professional player of KSP but been playing game for a long time and i know the mods so don't tell me what i know already 

On 1/24/2022 at 1:47 PM, Maria Sirona said:

Also about KSP being a simulator... It also has its funny and cartoonish side. If it was a simulator it wouldn't have kerbals

i am waiting for simplerocket 2 release out of early access and i think that game not as deep as ksp but i believe it will be more realistic and if i found it more realistic then ksp i will focus on that game 

11 minutes ago, Ninadragonborn said:

i am waiting for simplerocket 2 release out of early access and i think that game not as deep as ksp but i believe it will be more realistic and if i found it more realistic then ksp i will focus on that game 

Okay. Maybe this will help: kerbal space program is not intended to be very realistic, it is intended to be as realistic as the developers want it to be. Therefore, asking for more realism in the form of a Sol-like system is not going to happen by default. It sounds like you are only really attached  to KSP because of the realism. In which case, that simulator linked above sounds like it would be good for you. Lastly, no one is insulting your intelligence or expertise. Being combative is not going to help you with your problem of finding a realistic simulator (hint, that free one is pretty good). As someone else said, this is End of Discussion because the developers are not going to put the Solar system in. 

RSS and RO are some of the most controversial mods in the game. Some people like it some people hate it. I don’t want RSS to be in ksp2 because ksp deserves its own system of unique planets and adding RSS takes that away.

Spoiler

And besides they already confirmed that the stock kerbin system remains 

On 1/26/2022 at 9:30 PM, Ninadragonborn said:

yes for you goodbye 

Real solar system just won't be in the stock game, they have a ton of work already like figuring out multiplayer, adding features and mechanics to colonies etc, we don't want them pushing back the release date for another year or who knows how long just because a handful of people want real solar system, it just won't happen.

On 1/22/2022 at 9:12 AM, Ninadragonborn said:

i don't want to use them i want it to be in base game

~[snip]~

Learn how to use mods ~[snip]~ I'm certain there'll be an RSS 2 made by new people, if not the guys who worked on the original one.

Edited by Starhawk
Redacted by moderator

Whelp, if you want this, my main idea is there being not just GAME settings, but save settings. There should be an option in a save's settings to turn the RSS on and off. But, if you , perchance, have a colony on jool, it would be deleted when you do RSS. That's a major flaw in my opinion.

So yes, it should be a mod.

21 minutes ago, siklidkid said:

Whelp, if you want this, my main idea is there being not just GAME settings, but save settings. There should be an option in a save's settings to turn the RSS on and off. But, if you , perchance, have a colony on jool, it would be deleted when you do RSS. That's a major flaw in my opinion.

So yes, it should be a mod.

I feel like if you had to incorporate RSS and the Kerbol system together in the game, it would allow you to choose RSS when starting a new game. That way, RSS games and Kerbol games are split, allowing players to go back to the stock system without uninstalling RSS.

This is being said with the assumption that RSS is a modnot part of stock like Ninadragonborn is suggesting.

Edited by intelliCom

On 1/23/2022 at 1:12 AM, Ninadragonborn said:

my problem is excatly with mods and that i don't want to use them i want it to be in base game beacuse most modder don't give a damn about your problem and i don't want to update mods constantly so i want it to be in base game 

Well then, it would be your problem.

You know KSP 1's planets are really scaled down, so much that Jool's just Earth-sized. 

You have some experience on KSP, I see. But why can't you bother mod your game? I mean, it shouldn't be any harder, should it?

What I saw with you is that you don't want to manually update your mods. CKAN does exist. At least for KSP 1.

I don't know the future of modding for KSP 2, but chances are it would be the same like KSP 1. So if you're just a layabout and will just play KSP 1 or 2 with mods that you don't bother updating, then what would be the sense of you playing it?

Then get the mods! Adding a whole Solar System in the stock game would have problems, and it would be hungry for great performance, therefore being exclusive to other people. Besides, there are other games with the whole Solar System on it. So if you won't accept the efforts on KSP 2, like interstellar planets on the stock game (KSP 1 has no interstellar planets, duh. Galaxies Unbound and more interstellar mods add them). 

And when developers don't give a damn on your problem, that would be their problem. And you should still know real life exists. They aren't just looking on a monitor all day! 

I, as a high school student, is also busy and barely can find any time to even make a cinematic that would please people. But I still do. So you should know that PEOPLE HAVE SCHEDULES! :mad:

Okay, then. You could just uninstall KSP since it's so imperfect that not one Solar System planet is on the stock game.

I've played RSS and KSRSS, and I gotta say, it has a lot of detail just to be perfect. KSP 2 has INTERSTELLAR PLANETS. INTERSTELLAR! Isn't that enough?! Do you still need to deep-dive onto Uranus or surf the rings of Saturn if there are potential analogues to the base game (on KSP2)?!

And also, you might want to look at other features. Colonization, new parts, multiplayer, interstellar travel, etc.

This must've been my longest post and I could continue.

And one last thing, @Ninadragonborn, if you'll just want to see the game depending on one of its biggest asset: the planets, then you should just uninstall the game or not bother getting it. Who knows, when mod installation is much easier you just might complain 'bout it again.

I think there's a big problem with trying to have RSS in a game like Kerbal Space program.   Right now, there are huge holes in what we know about our solar system,  especially around Uranus and Neptune, and beyond them.  Squad said in one video that they wanted to make every celestial body "worth visiting".   Certainly, I would be sad if I landed on Hippocamp and it turned out to be just a frozen lump of rock.  But in order to make these moons interesting, they would have to make up stuff to put on them, which defeats the point of RSS.  It would also create huge problems if KSP 2 is still around when probes reach the outer solar system again, because if the devs wanted to stay as accurate as they could, they would have to make changes to make the game match what the probes found.

I can see why RSS would be fun, but I think that it's best left out of the stock game, so that the devs don't have to constantly fret about getting everything as close to reality as they can.  I also agree with what Kerbal Productions said.

4 hours ago, Kerbal Productions said:

I've played RSS and KSRSS, and I gotta say, it has a lot of detail just to be perfect. KSP 2 has INTERSTELLAR PLANETS. INTERSTELLAR! Isn't that enough?! Do you still need to deep-dive onto Uranus or surf the rings of Saturn if there are potential analogues to the base game (on KSP2)?!

Edited by Ember12
I thought my wording could be improved in a few places.

Lots of people ask for certain mods to be made stock. Why is this request meeting with such hostility? Take the crankiness down a notch, please. 

Edit: it was a rhetorical question, guys. I regret sounding like I was inviting debate. 

Edited by Vanamonde

Some content removed. It doesn't matter why you're being harsh with someone. It's the harshness that we'd like to keep away from our forum. Disagreeing with someone is fine, but please don't do it in a way that makes the person feel bad for having a different opinion.