Timmon26's Art Thread

Timmon26

Long ago, when krakens still roamed the solar system, there were several debates as to whether or not to have female Kerbals included in the game. I generally fell on the side of "yes", but after several threads were locked, the community decided to handwave around the issue and say that Kerbals just didn't have genders.

I'm OK with that.

I realized, however, that without seeing any serious attempts to design a female Kerbal (the few comics in which they're featured focus on characterization and don't strictly follow the "Squad style"), the community was basically arguing in the dark.

So I decided that, since I'm the only one I trust to do so, I'd design a female Kerbal for realz.

Here is a side-by-side comparison of a male and female Kerbal, Pioneer Plaque-style.

They're both naked.

DON'T PANIC

I promise you won't go blind.

(They're both bald for the purposes of the exercise, but I drew their hairlines for comparison.)

Long ago, when krakens still roamed the solar system, there were several debates as to whether or not to have female Kerbals included in the game. I generally fell on the side of "yes", but after several threads were locked, the community decided to handwave around the issue and say that Kerbals just didn't have genders.

I'm OK with that.

I realized, however, that without seeing any serious attempts to design a female Kerbal (the few comics in which they're featured focus on characterization and don't strictly follow the "Squad style"), the community was basically arguing in the dark.

So I decided that, since I'm the only one I trust to do so, I'd design a female Kerbal for realz.

Here is a side-by-side comparison of a male and female Kerbal, Pioneer Plaque-style.

They're both naked.

DON'T PANIC

(They're both bald for the purposes of the exercise, but I drew their hairlines for comparison.)

Hmmm. Could I use this?

I'm OK with that.

They're both naked.

DON'T PANIC

Hey! You're not that far away from our concept drawings! ;)

ksppioneerplaque.jpg

Timmon26, I used your drawing for that one. I know it doesn't look great but I was having fun making it.

Since you actually know how to draw (I only copy and paste...), I'm certain you would come up with something infinitely better.

Timmon26, I used your drawing for that one. I know it doesn't look great but I was having fun making it.

Since you actually know how to draw (I only copy and paste...), I'm certain you would come up with something infinitely better.

ksppioneerplaque.jpg

Yeah, I edited my post on that thread with a link to my image a few minutes before you posted yours.

Here it is...

kerbalplaque.jpg
Edited by Timmon26

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.