Nazalassa's try to Elcano Challenge

Nazalassa

I finally choosed a mix: open like #1, with a base like #2, and "walls" like #3 and #4.

See the screenshots!

New page.

On 1/20/2022 at 11:02 PM, 18Watt said:

I found that Eve, Gilly, and Laythe  did not work well with my ‘standard’ rover, I used a unique vehicle for each of those bodies.

I think I'll use a different vehicle for Eve and Laythe, otherise no.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's some news:
I made (again) smaller vehicles:

screenshot145.png

screenshot146.png
screenshot147.png

Note that the lander only has NERVs. However... It can't do Tylo or the big planets/moons,  for example on Tylo it can't launch unless the NERVs represent at least half the mass of it. It has lot more ∆v than the previous versions, though, and can use up to 6,500 m/s of ∆v between landings. It doesn't carry oxidizer.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I made (again (again)) two smaller landers, with a total mass (rover included) of about 30 tons. They can reach orbit from the surface of Duna and probably Tylo.

So once in orbit, they dock with the transporter — a monster holding literally TONS of Xenon and having a max thrust (in vacuum, not accounting the four LF+OX engines that won't be used) of... 16 kN. The whole thing wheights more than a hundred tons and takes 20 hours to burn all its Xenon, providing 16 km/s of ∆v.

[images coming soon]

(Only problem: to refuel itself, the transporter has to dock with a Xenon cargo.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.