(Probable spoilers) The Star Wars serials thread, aka The KenoBobaMandaloriAhsokAndor thread

StrandedonEarth

it was certainly better than resistance. not as good as the clone wars or the bad batch. ive only watched all the animated star wars within the last year or so, so its all in fairly recent memory. 

3 hours ago, Nuke said:

it was certainly better than resistance. not as good as the clone wars or the bad batch. ive only watched all the animated star wars within the last year or so, so its all in fairly recent memory. 

I haven't really even watched resistance lol

Rebels was... something to watch. 

Clone Wars added to the story and filled it in.  It makes the turn to the dark side in Ep. III make a lot more sense, less sudden.  It gave the clones something more than "we're going to have stormtroopers later, let's make something that looks almost the same". 

Rebels was also, this happened.  Nothing really special about it that expanded the universe.  A chance to throw in some references to characters that already existed, once we knew it wasn't going to be cancelled right away.

I kind of miss the days when Luke was special; a new hope, the return of the Jedi, the last of the old/first of the new.

Now it's Luke was that one guy who happened to be Vader's kid, along with Bob the ex-padawan, and Joe the force sensitive, and this other guy that was also kinda a jedi, and 50,000 other people that were also ex/future/potential Jedi.  It really takes away from the original story when you make him just the top name on the list to rebuild the order.

37 minutes ago, Aliquido said:

Opinions on Andor so far?

As I wrote upthread, much better than i feared.  Seems they learned a lesson from the weak-sauce that was the Boba Fett series (comically bad and ineptly blocked "combat" scenes totally at odds with the legend of the character). 

I'm of the opinion that they actually used talented military advisors. 

I think the story draws heavily from a mix of Kelly's Heroes, Force 10 From Navarone and The Dirty Dozen... But it works in context. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/21/2023 at 1:14 AM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I finally finished watching Andor. 

Holy cow. 

Probably the best Star Wars anything. 

Told you. ;)   
The recent SW series make the sequels look even worse.    I’m not sure how involved Favreau was involved in the movies, but I’d love to give him and Gilroy a crack at redoing the sequels. 

On a side note, my memory is foggy, might be old age, but in the latest episode I watched…

Spoiler

We meet a doctor who specialized in cloning, and is now part of a rehab program.    Do we know him from someplace else or was he introduced purely to establish the theft of the MPL?

5 hours ago, Gargamel said:

On a side note

Spoiler

Yes.  He was Mof Gideon's pet 1940s German Fascist why is this auto edited -doctor who wanted to experiment on The  Child in Mandolorian. 

I can't remember the woman who was his fellow crewmember... 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

5 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yes.  He was Mof Gideon's pet 1940s German Fascist why is this auto edited -doctor who wanted to experiment on The  Child in Mandolorian. 

I can't remember the woman who was his fellow crewmember... 

me neither.    I think they were only introduced to further a plot deeper in the story.   

I'd have the Andor team redo everything with Hayden Christiansen in it and totally rethink the one with the kid.  Although they need to elevate Darth Maul. 

The last three did not bother me so much.  Rey and Kylo Ren were a fine story.  Just a retelling of the original story arc with better visuals and no heart. 

6 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I’m not sure how involved Favreau was involved in the movies, but I’d love to give him and Gilroy a crack at redoing the sequels

@adsii1970 iirc the sequel trilogy is being stripped from canon to be redone, but cant recall where i saw/read/heard that.

the grogu fight scene in this weeks mandalorian was the worst thing ive ever seen. It was just so poorly done that it looks like 2 stage hands were playing catch with a toy and just tossing it back and forth over the child actor. The irritating fact that kennedy forced grogu back into the show by way of iirc book of boba fett which lets face it turned into a veiled season 2.5 of mandalorian is frankly gross. Kennedy needs to let favreau do his job and up the budget to avoid the horror of what we saw in the show this week with grogu.

side note: they could not have chosen better with the actor who got grogu away from order 66. He caught so much undeserved hate for Jar Jar (idc if you hate the character, the actor did what he could with what he had been given) that to see him as a jedi was brilliant.

i think that was actually a bait and switch to throw off expectations.

Spoiler

its clear that grogu, is in fact the title mandalorian. 

he will be wielding the black saber before the show is over. mando certainly cant handle it and bo katan has eyes for the mythosaur. 

• 2 weeks later...

This weeks mandalorian was utter garbage. Din is being pushed out of his own show and now the give us jack black, lizzo and a geriatric christopher lloyd? WTAF?!?!?! Kathleen Kennedy completely dumped all over the whole point of Din getting Grogu to Luke for training by unilaterally shoving him back into the show after pushing Boba to the background in HIS show. But this week they go from being a semi serious  show that isnt about Din Djarin any more but Bo Katan and somehow go stupider by turning it into a total farce… especially with the mental gymnastics they used to give Bo Katan the darksaber… no wonder ratings are going down hill. Filoni and Favreau should feel ashamed of this unmitigated dumpster fire season 3 has become. I will finish out season 3 but ive 0 hope they can save this and pull out of this nose dive. Im predicting total failure by them.

Edited by AlamoVampire

yep. horrible episode. was this written by a 12 year old? i didn't even recognize lizzo with her clothes on. christopher lloyd can still do cool stuff (i liked that movie he did with bob odenkirk), but this wasnt it. overall this season has been terrible. it was good when it was just a space western. definitely pulled a reverse picard-s3.

Edited by Nuke

Holy mother of hockey but there was some horrible animation in the last one. Grogu's animation has always been somewhat lacking, but this was awful. But I suppose with all the F/X they put in these shows some corners get cut. But really, really glaring bad.

As for the storyline in The Book of Bo-Katan, well, like with anything that is basically fantasy, I really try not to think and just enjoy the spectacle.

To me the most exciting thing was that they mentioned the T word.