(Probable spoilers) The Star Wars serials thread, aka The KenoBobaMandaloriAhsokAndor thread (Formerly the Thread of Boba Fett)

StrandedonEarth

it was certainly better than resistance. not as good as the clone wars or the bad batch. ive only watched all the animated star wars within the last year or so, so its all in fairly recent memory. 

3 hours ago, Nuke said:

it was certainly better than resistance. not as good as the clone wars or the bad batch. ive only watched all the animated star wars within the last year or so, so its all in fairly recent memory. 

I haven't really even watched resistance lol

Rebels was... something to watch. 

Clone Wars added to the story and filled it in.  It makes the turn to the dark side in Ep. III make a lot more sense, less sudden.  It gave the clones something more than "we're going to have stormtroopers later, let's make something that looks almost the same". 

Rebels was also, this happened.  Nothing really special about it that expanded the universe.  A chance to throw in some references to characters that already existed, once we knew it wasn't going to be cancelled right away.

I kind of miss the days when Luke was special; a new hope, the return of the Jedi, the last of the old/first of the new.

Now it's Luke was that one guy who happened to be Vader's kid, along with Bob the ex-padawan, and Joe the force sensitive, and this other guy that was also kinda a jedi, and 50,000 other people that were also ex/future/potential Jedi.  It really takes away from the original story when you make him just the top name on the list to rebuild the order.

37 minutes ago, Aliquido said:

Opinions on Andor so far?

As I wrote upthread, much better than i feared.  Seems they learned a lesson from the weak-sauce that was the Boba Fett series (comically bad and ineptly blocked "combat" scenes totally at odds with the legend of the character). 

I'm of the opinion that they actually used talented military advisors. 

I think the story draws heavily from a mix of Kelly's Heroes, Force 10 From Navarone and The Dirty Dozen... But it works in context. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...