[1.12.x] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.0.3.1 (November, 20th, 2023)

Kari

banner.png

Starship Expansion Project

Starship Expansion Project (SEP) is a mod being developed by me, Kari, and our amazing team. Our project aims to bring our intepretation of the Starship vehicle by SpaceX into Kerbal Space Program. While a lot of the design choices are based on the actual vehicle sitting on Boca Chica, creative freedom is used to expand our mod even further.

Special thanks to @damonvv for allowing us to adapt tundra's plugin to ourselves, @SofieBrinkfor her hard work adapting the code and overall improvement of the mod, @IsaQuestfor the raptor model and textures, @Janus92 for the amazing IVA models, @EritoKaiofor indirectly helping me improve myself over the last few months, and you everyone on my discord server for their immense support to our mod, I could not have done without you

Screenshots

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

screenshot55.png

Dependencies

Extremely Important but not required mods

Recommended Mods

IVA Dependencies

IVA Recommended Mods

Realism Overhaul is supported
feedback is appreciated, patches are not ideal

Download
SEP is officially found at SpacedockGitHub and CKAN. Any other form of download is not official and should not be trusted

FAQ

1. Where is *?
R: If you have not found a feature you like, please check our roadmap to see if it's not already planned, otherwise feel free to ask nicely and we'll happily look into it

2. Why there's only 2 engine modes on the booster?
R: When we where authorized to use part of Tundra's plugin, we agreed to leave the engine switch on Tundra's mod, as it was made mainly for falcon, if you want an extra mode, install Tundra and it will be on your game

3. What are those names?
R: I renamed the parts to match The Expanse (my favorite show) names, if you're not familiar or want to have real names, there is an option for it on the extras folder when you download it

4. Where are the legs?  NOW AVAILABLE ON V2.0.0
R: Well, to be fair leg design for Starship is tricky, so I've left without it for now, in the meanwhile you can try catching the ship or use one of the legs from KRE

5. IVA? NOW AVAILABLE ON V2.0.0
R: uhhh, not happening in the near future, not a big fan

:wink:

g8z6dRu.png

Licensing
Configs are distributed under CC-NC-SA-4.0 License.
Nertea's HabUtils.dll is distributed under MIT license. 
All Textures/models and our plugin StarshipExpansionProject.dll are distributed under All Right Reserved License. 

Edited by Kari
update

Very very well done! I see your note about the RO compatibility, but I dug through the github and didn't find any RO patches aside from FAR (which is in RO installs of course). Surely I missed something? Is this built straight up for RO and *not* stock, or is it stock w/ RO configs I'm completely whiffing on and not seeing at all?

22 minutes ago, sjsharks39 said:

Very very well done! I see your note about the RO compatibility, but I dug through the github and didn't find any RO patches aside from FAR (which is in RO installs of course). Surely I missed something? Is this built straight up for RO and *not* stock, or is it stock w/ RO configs I'm completely whiffing on and not seeing at all?

Thanks! You can find the RO patches in the extras folder

18 hours ago, Kari said:

kmgTizb.png

Starship Expansion Project

Starship Expansion Project is a mod being developed by me, Kari, with contribution from the community, this mod aims to give players a more up to date version of the Starship vehicle by SpaceX. This mod is not a perfect recreation and does not aim to be, my personal taste has the final word.

Special thanks to @damonvv for allowing us to adapt tundra's plugin to ourselves, @SofieBrinkfor her hard work adapting the code and overall improvement of the mod, @IsaQuestfor the raptor model and textures, TheSpaceEngineer for the grid fin model, @EritoKaiofor indirectly helping me improve myself over the last few months, and you everyone on my discord server for their immense support to our mod, I could not have done without you

Screenshots

Hide contents

awuLoH6.png
8CBRB8L.png
qtAGPVr.png
5my8pDp.png
OdyZmN8.png
zOgRn6o.png

These are not renders btw4WevOcK.png
ypXIVr3.png

Dependencies

Extremely Important but not required mods

Recommended Mods

Realism Overhaul is officially supported
feedback is appreciated

Download
SEP is officially found at SpacedockGitHub and CKAN. Any other form of download is not official and should not be trusted

FAQ

1. Where is *?
R: If you have not found a feature you like, please check our roadmap to see if it's not already planned, otherwise feel free to ask nicely and we'll happily look into it

2. Why there's only 2 engine modes on the booster?
R: When we where authorized to use part of Tundra's plugin, we agreed to leave the engine switch on Tundra's mod, as it was made mainly for falcon, if you want an extra mode, install Tundra and it will be on your game

3. What are those names?
R: I renamed the parts to match The Expanse (my favorite show) names, if you're not familiar or want to have real names, there is an option for it on the extras folder when you download it

4. Where are the legs?
R: Well, to be fair leg design for Starship is tricky, so I've left without it for now, in the meanwhile you can try catching the ship or use one of the legs from KRE

5. IVA?
R: uhhh, not happening in the near future, not a big fan

:wink:

g8z6dRu.png

Licensing
Configs are distributed under CC-NC-SA-4.0 License.
All Textures/models/plugins are distributed under All Right Reserved License. 

Any chance of adding in the NASA SpaceX lunar lander version with the door and elevator as well a small cargo space?